Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

7th of The 7th

Northern Line didnt seem less busy. Nor should it.

R.I.P

Comments

• Options
    RIP indeed - can't believe it was 3 years ago.

A couple of people here at work were on a couple of the trains but fortunately came out with no physical injuries.

London stays strong.
  • Options
    Nice too see Kellys opposite Aldsgate putting up rememberamce posters....nothing else did walk pass stop and say few words....it started just like a normal day like today then carnage.....shows hoe fragile life is...
  • Options
    its times like 7/7 that makes me immensely proud of London and being a Londoner.

The way we always stand up to these attacks and stand together is immense.
  • Options
    Indeed RIP

Also my little boy's 1st Birthday as well SO some good can come of the date.
  • Options
    Drove past Aldgate station yesterday and had a few thoughts for those who lost their lives or were injured. Also can't believe it was 3 years ago.
  • Options
    RIP

Thoughts are with their familys today.
  • Options
    Slightly muted atmosphere here in the office as you would expect

R.I.P
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]its times like 7/7 that makes me immensely proud of London and being a Londoner.

The way wealwaysstand up to these attacks and stand together is immense.

Spot on. London can take it.

Thoughts are with all the families who lost people and those still suffering with the scars mental and physical.
  • Options
    Proud to be a Londoner. RIP.
  • Options
    Surprised we didn't do a minute's silence at work seeing as one of our City employees was seriously injured.

We do them for 9/11 each year but not for our own country!

Silly american companies
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Surprised we didn't do a minute's silence at work seeing as one of our City employees was seriously injured.

Silly american companies

weren't more brits killed on 9/11 that any other terrorist incident though?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]its times like 7/7 that makes me immensely proud of London and being a Londoner.

The way wealwaysstand up to these attacks and stand together is immense.

Spot on. London can take it.

Thoughts are with all the families who lost people and those still suffering with the scars mental and physical.

People talk of the courage and toughness of different towns in the UK, and around the world, but not many have suffered like London & Londoners, from the Blitz, to IRA bombs , to the mad mullahs and their dirty bombs. But we are still standing, still here and still not hiding, and still saying you wont budge us.

Very proud to be a Londoner
  • Options
    You come to place your bags of hate
    On bus and train, you made us late
    Yet we'll be back again tomorrow
    We'll carry on despite our sorrow

Your bags of hate caused some to die
    Yet we stride out strong with heads held high
    You'll never win, we will not bow
    You can't defeat us, you don't know how

This London which we love with pride
    Is a town where scum like you can't hide
    Don't worry we will hunt you down
    Then Lock you up in name of Crown

We're London and we're many races
    Just look you'll see our stoic faces
    We all condemn your heinous act
    You will not win and that's a fact

We'll mourn our dead and shed a tear
    But we will not bow to acts of fear
    You're out there somewhere all alone
    There's nowhere now you can call home

Courtesy of London, standing proud
  • Options
    My wife is from Cheltenham. She works for TfL and got loads of info in advance of the media - including knowing about how bad the news was coming out of Kings Cross/seeing the CCTV of the bus bomb etc. She was initially totally freaked by the whole affair and couldn't understand my mentality of "be careful, be a bit more observant, but get on with your life - don't let these fcukers win".

I didn't realise the effect growing-up in London during the IRA campaigns had had on me. I'm not blase about it, but it's definitely made me more resilient about these things.
  • Options
    Lost a school friend on the bus. (Jamie Gordon)

Hard to believe it was 3 years ago.

Hope you're still banging your head and painting your nails wherever you are J.

R.I.P
  • Options
    I missed the IRA bomb in the toilets on Platform 2 at London Bridge in the early 90's by 10 minutes. My train used to pull in right next to the toilet in the morning to get the tube to work.

By the time I got to Old Street it had detonated, if my train had been delayed I could have been right in the middle of it.
  • Options
    Lost one of the city engineers on the bus that day, rest up safe Giles.

I was out of the country in Gran Canaria when it happened, got a lot of texts asking if I was ok etc wondered what on earth the concern was then we turned the tv in the apartment on. Then it was me texting everyone I knew who worked up town to see if they were ok, really strange after that how the English come together a long way from home was a really strong up yours to the scum who did it. Can't believe 3 years have gone that quick. Rest in peace all who were lost that day.
  • Options
    Was right in middle of it all. OB asked at first if our First aiders could help. They wanted to but i had to explain a paper cut or feeling a tad faint is some what diferant than dealing with people minus limbs. By the time they thought bout it OB then pushed everyone off the street mainly into our building.
    I couldnt get the shift workers home or the night shift in. Eventually walked from Euston to Charring Cross it was very late and a lonely old walk. Lot of hate inmy heart on that walk.
    Next morning i went to work via the tube , normal time me on my own on the tube-- not another person about. Like a Steven King novel. Walked out at Euston and there was 100z of news crews . All steamed at me. first one there was a Jap TV crew lost count of how many times i told em to f**k off. As i walked into our building i just though i was a f**kin idiot to have used the tube. Terrorist scum do strike in the same place. That nite i walked again.
    Few days later they did the 2 mins silence and i was at Kings Cross there was 1000z there .
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Surprised we didn't do a minute's silence at work seeing as one of our City employees was seriously injured.

Silly american companies[/quote]

weren't more brits killed on 9/11 that any other terrorist incident though?[/quote]

67 Brits were killed. Next highest other than Americans was Japanese with 23. Very sad.
  • Options
    Wasn't the facilities manager of one of the towers a Brit, bit of a hero apparently, trying to lead people out of the building.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Boss worked from home today, she was on the 30 bus.
  • Options
    Because of my work, I know a few people who were on scene at the bomb sites within a few minutes. One of them was the first Ambulance person on one of the tube trains with the fire crews, and another was one of the first at Russell Square.
    It was a shocking sight to see, and one they will never ever forget.
    Although there was many victims who suffered psychical injuries, there was many other directly involved, and others who because of their jobs were also involved who suffered mentally who shouldn't be forgotten.
    My thoughts today are with EVERYBODY involved that day, and hope that even after this amount of time make a full recovery.
  • Options
    There is a programme on Channel 4 now. Talking to survivors. If you've missed the start Channel 4 +1 at 10.

RIP to all those that died. Thoughts are with there famillies and thinking of all those that survived.
  • Options
    I was on a tube at Bayswater, we were held there for just under two hours. We were all told there had been a massive power failure, looking back it was very strange, a train full of people, and no one speaking to each other for nearly two hours. Finally when help arrived, we had to get out at the end of the train, and walk through the tunnel, and it was only then we found out what had really been happening. Then had to walk through London, back to Vauxhall, trying to get back home, a very sad and strange journey.

RIP.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: southamptonaddick[/cite]There is a programme on Channel 4 now. Talking to survivors. If you've missed the start Channel 4 +1 at 10.

RIP to all those that died. Thoughts are with there famillies and thinking of all those that survived.

Very moving and emotional. The second part is on Sunday at 7.
  • Options
    My Son was there almost to the time the day before, sends a cold shiver down the spine every time I think of it.

So many emotions go round your mind, both then and now.

Amongst them, sheer rage, both at the scum that carried out and this monstrous act and at those who orchestrated it. Of course immense sympathy, towards all the people that lost their lives and the families they left behind. But also total awe and respect, at the bravery of those that survived and those that risked their lives to save them.
  • Options
    secretary at work was walking to work through Russell Sq when that bus bomb went off a body part landed right in front of her - she still has nigthmares today understandibly.

Remember that one becasue I was out the back of my building having a cigarette and heard it as thoguh it was next door not 1 mile up the road - me and mate looked at each other and both said that was a bomb. Gave up smoking very soon after that.