Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC players in the stands

Have you ever had ex player just appear sitting next to you...or ever seen another clubs player who supports charlton watching.....? cant say i have or ever heard....

Comments

• Options
    When we played West Ham at home on New Years day (the one that got postponed), i was in my seat and the ground well early for some reason.

Keith Peacock come and sat down next to me, told me the game wass off that got up and walked up.

Does that count?!
  • Options
    Kevin Nicholls sat in front of me at the Ipswich play off game at Portman Road. He got thrown out by the stewards with about 5 mins to go for throwing too much abuse at the Ippo fans !

Mark Fish sat behind me at QPR before.
  • Options
    Lee bowyer sat in front of me by a couple of rows at Huddersfield, when it was the Macalpine stadium
  • Options
    When we beat Ipswich 5 -1 at there ground the magical game when Leaburn scored a hatrick with his feet Peter Garland sat next to me and my mate, made the day even greater as we both thought he was a ledge, shared a pint and pie at the break with him aswell, truely a great day.
  • Options
    technically sat next to Colin Walsh and Steve Mackenzie at Selhurst.They were about 10 seats away but there was no one in between, so I'm claiming that one.
  • Options
    Stood with Colin Walsh back in 2000/2001 when we beat Pompey away 2-0, he was very tired & emotional, he had been down at Southsea in a mates chalet or something all week, he's in the building game now. (Apart from his Charlton hospitality stuff)
  • Options
    "Peter Garland sat next to me and my mate, made the day even greater as we both thought he was a ledge, shared a pint and pie at the break with him aswell, truely a great day."

Feck me, he shared a pie!!

I sat at the next table to him in The Festive Moon in Sidcup a few weeks ago. The years have not been that kind!!
  • Options
    I remember Garry Nelson and another player (forget who) had to sit with the Charlton fans at an away match at Southend one year. Didn't sit next to him but he was only a couple of rows behind me. Anyone remember it and who the other player was?

Used to get the same train to Norwood Junction as Mark Stuart in the early Selhurst days if that counts, and once sat on the table next to Colin Walsh in McDonalds in Welling.
  • Options
    Martin Pringle was in our end at the famous "We'll never play you again" game at palarse, when Kitson scored and we won 1-0, his face was a picture, he genuinely looked worried it was going to kick off as we came out.
  • Options
    Shared a train carriage with Gerry Robinson of Northern Ireland world cup fame, returning from a Brighton friendly back in the 80's.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sat not far from Shaun Newton away at Villa a few years back... think he was at Wolves then...
  • Options
    A few of the first team were in the 'stand' when we got knocked out of the FA Cup by Gillingham.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Shaun Newton was in the crowd one Villa away whilst he played for Wolves.

Not technically appropriate but Phil Chapple and Matty Holmes came and sat in front of me at Birmingham away in our play off year for the last scheduled game of the season- they were unused squad members and felt safer with the fans rather than in the home areas- to be honest - couldn't blame them.....
  • Options
    I've sat in front of Peter Croker a number of times, in the middle of the West.
  • Options
    Sat near Claus in the Lower West when he was injured also Mark kinsella. Probably others too but they are the onnes who come to mind.
  • Options
    Pre-season friendly last year (Jorge Costa's lot - forget the name) - I was sat near the payers lounge entrance at the back of the lower west with Matt Holland, Luke Varney, Jerome Thomas, Rob Elliott and...CORY GIBBS!!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Lee bowyer sat in front of me by a couple of rows at Huddersfield, when it was the Macalpine stadium[/quote]

I was at this game, we won 3-0 an evening game,lee bowyer was also with another Leeds Player,he was sat behind me.
  • Options
    Do players relatives count?.

Remember a couple of dodgy incidents. A early deeparture from work and an afternoon in the pub resulted in a trip to Park View Road for a reserve game. Spent most of the first half slaughtering Paul Bacon - his brother and dad (I think) were sitting infront of us - didn't go down too well.

Also upset a certain Neil Redferns dad at Pride Park. Questioned his boy's commitment to the cause - dad of Refearn went nuts - about 40 or 50 fans sitting round me took up the baton and the aforementioned dad departed just after half-time with a rather large cob on!!!!!.

Also stood behind Tony Warner (ex Millwall) in the queue for burgers at Welling - absolute giant of a man.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Sat in front of the exec box that Baby Bent's family had when he was with us. Darren used to watch from the box when he was out with an injury.

Also sat next to Steve Gritt away at Northampton in the league cup many many many years ago when the played at the cricket ground.
  • Options
    Drank a couple of times with Pat Van Den Hauwe back in the early 90's.

When he split with Mandy Smith, he moved back in with his parents on the Ferrier Estate of all places, they lived a few doors from me.
    Met him a few times in the Wat Tyler, mentioned about his tackle and assualt on Newton in his first game and the abuse we gave him, he said "couldn't give a feck what you thought, all part of the game"

Not a bad a bloke when you got to know him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9

i was with PVH and Jamie Stewart the night that they were later allegedly exposed having one of Alan Parewds parties in a club on the Warspite industrial estate at 2 am Newyears morning.

I thought both of them were good for a laugh that night but jeesus did they speak quick and talk a lot of bollox never did work out why

but they were both suffering with a heavy cold
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]DA9

i was with PVH and Jamie Stewart the night that they were later allegedly exposed having one of Alan Parewds parties in a club on the Warspite industrial estate at 2 am Newyears morning.

I thought both of them were good for a laugh that night but jeesus did they speak quick and talk a lot of bollox never did work out why

but they were both suffering with a heavy cold

Yeah, I seem to remember he had the sniffles a lot, lot of bugs going around the Ferrier estate in those days..lol
  • Options
    'Not technically appropriate but Phil Chapple and Matty Holmes came and sat in front of me at Birmingham away in our play off year for the last scheduled game of the season- they were unused squad members and felt safer with the fans rather than in the home areas- to be honest - couldn't blame them..... '

Me & my mate sat just down the row from them that day. Yes, it was a tad scary coming out of the ground.
  • Options
    Colin Walsh and Stuart Balmer sat in the away end at Millwall once with the fans, I can't remember which game though.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    [cite]Posted By: nottsaddick[/cite]'Not technically appropriate but Phil Chapple and Matty Holmes came and sat in front of me at Birmingham away in our play off year for the last scheduled game of the season- they were unused squad members and felt safer with the fans rather than in the home areas- to be honest - couldn't blame them..... '

Me & my mate sat just down the row from them that day. Yes, it was a tad scary coming out of the ground.

You must have been just along from myself and solidgone.
  • Options
    My old season ticket seat in the West Stand used to be next to obviously "club seats" Matt Svensson, JJ, Parker and Claus all sat next to me. Matty Svensson got involved in the songs and was really annimated during the game, clearly wanting us to win. Was a bit of a hero to me after that.
  • Options
    Steve Dowman and ????????? , in the small seating area for away fans at Oldham .Late eighties .1905 might be able to fill in the missing name.Ironically I beleive our "Steve Dowman" was involved in a small scuffle in the same seats.
  • Options
    Sat right behind John Salako once, it was in the north lower. He got a few comments and a lot of fans pointing him out. He didnt come back for the second half
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: spooner[/cite]Steve Dowman and ????????? , in the small seating area for away fans at Oldham .Late eighties .1905 might be able to fill in the missing name.Ironically I beleive our "Steve Dowman" was involved in a small scuffle in the same seats.

Mick Flanagan - that's when the oldham fans came and sat behind us leaving Steve Dowman and Mick Flanagan sitting between both sets of fans. They looked nervous..........particularly during the two minutes of terrace dancing. Were you with us DA9 - I remember Keith H being there.

Always remember that one cos we drew with Spurs 1-1 the week before - and then lose to Oldham 2-1 with one of the worst performances we could have mustered.
  • Options
    Went to see Spurs up at Old Trafford about 2 years ago now (when Jenas scored a free-kick in a 1-1 draw) and the football genius that was Steffen Freund was sitting about two rows behind me, wearing Spurs shirt, scarf and hat looking like a right proper loon. Even led the singing of "Stand up if you hate Ars*nal!" Got a pic with him, wife took it and she had no idea who he was. It was only when we got back that she realised he used to play for Spurs.

And about 6 years ago now (and somewhat off tangent), I was sitting in an Italian restaurant in Camberwell Green, when ex-Spurs manager Peter Shreeves came in and had a coffee at the next table to our group. It just so happened he was visiting his nephew who had just been operated on in KCH for a broken leg picked up in a trial game somewhere or another. Was lucky enough to have a camera with me at the time and got a fantastic cheesey pic of us shaking hands. He must have thought I was a right nutter, telling him that he was Tottenham's third most successful manager at the time (which is a scary thought!).