Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swansea Looming Large

Right this could be a tricky one, expect a bit of banter on this one. Can anyone on here really imagine what pressure Pards is under for the swansea game. Theres gona be a good crowd in the Valley, can you imagine us being 1 or 2 nil down at half time? the whole place will be "here we go again.." I know he gets paid to handdle such pressure but bloody hell i wouldnt swap with him for a second. Forget everything that has gone before this could well be Pardews biggest game of his life, if were strong and dominate and get a nice 2 nil or 3-1 that would get everyone going but a performance on par with last season could be a disaster. Anyone giving the team one last chance will stop comming and we will be struggling from the off. If Swansea rock up and come away with 3 points that will send out the message that we are gettable at home yet again. I know the season is not decided on one game but this really could be a massive pointer to where we will be heading over the next couple of years. If we can carry on where we left off against Coventry then i think we could be there in the shake up come May, a moral crushing defeat could well spell the end of any hopes of returning to the prem and the end of pards. I personally am gona give Pards 10 games and see where we are by the end of that before any boo's or pards out chanting begins again, as i said earlier this season could well be the biggest yet, go up and were back on track, more money get the building work started and away we go again, stay down and we really could be facing dark times. anyway, cant wait for the swans game, come on you rip roaring goal scoring Addicks!!!

Comments

• Options
    The result of the first game is usually a bad indicator of the season to come!
  • Options
    I cant see anything but doom & gloom this coming season unless something is done very quickly.

I know the board are doing their hardest and even as I type things are moving on......but unless we get in 2 or 3 new players by Aug 9th then we will be f****d.

As it stands now, for the swansea game our central midfield consists of Holland, Shelvey,Semedo & Racon (Ambrose I class as a wide midfielder and ZZ is either out injured or with the chinese olympic team).

Welling on Wednesday is going to be fun !
  • Options
    yeah welling was always a chance to see the new boys in action, all we have is hudson, will be very dissapointing plus if the weather is as crap as they predict could be a poor turnout.
  • Options
    We are in a similar situation to last season. We won`t have a settled team that just picks up from last season and will take time to find its feet. Swansea however will look at the Valley match as an ideal start. They will look at our very dodgy home form of last season and know we will be nervous. They will on the whole have the same basis of team as last years runaway champions and will fancy themselves big time I rekon. Tricky start for us. I can see another 1 - 1 but if I was a betting neutral then I rekon the value is on an away win.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]I cant see anything but doom & gloom
    so I gather ;-)
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]yeah welling was always a chance to see the new boys in action, all we have is hudson

don't forget the legend that is Stuart Fleetwood.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]They will on the whole have the same basis of team as last years runaway champions and will fancy themselves big time I rekon. .

I don't know if they'll have much of the same squad as last year - there's been a fair amout of transfer activity in Swansea recently
    For instance, amongst others, haven't they signed 3 or 4 players from Esbanyol (sp) this summer?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]

As it stands now, for the swansea game our central midfield consists of Holland, Shelvey,Semedo & Racon (Ambrose I class as a wide midfielder and ZZ is either out injured or with the chinese olympic team).

Welling on Wednesday is going to be fun !

what u only like to notice him for 15 mins a game
  • Options
    I thought I read that Ambrose wouldn't be fit for the start of the season, after his double hernia/abdominal wall operation a couple of months ago?