Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2008
    Need to cut and past above link
  • Options
    Would be a real loss, but i can't realistically see what other players we could raise decent money from.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Boogie

same as my link !! Good to see you at CA the other night Kap, long time no see.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Would be a real loss, but i can't realistically see what other players we could raise decent money from.

agree that he is the one player we can raise significant mony from. Disagree that it will be a real loss as I've never been impressed by Boogie. Would leave us two short at centre half.
  • Options
    Would be a pity to see him go
  • Options
    Cannot see this happening, Pards has already turned down a couple of offers & Betis don't seem to have the Cash to meet the asking price.
  • Options
    Sad to see him go, but if the money is used wisely then Im ok with it
  • Options
    He is one of our very few Premiership class players.
    I would be very disappointed if we sold him, even for £2.5M.
  • Options
    Prepare to be disappointed Salad ;-)
  • Options
    ****!

I was hoping that the sale of Paddy Mac would put us in a position to keep Boogie.

He is obviously one of the very few saleable assets we have, but it's still very disappointing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    saleable because he is class
  • Options
    Bouazza is coming to us to keep Bougie man happy. Another young Algerian young gun.

We should keep Boogieman
  • Options
    the only thing that worries me about this is who we would get in as a replacement....
  • Options
    If he goes its only due to the fact we can get some money for him..........unlike Bent, Faye etc etc.

Fire sale at the Valley - no reasonable offer rejected..........jeez, where did it all go wrong.
  • Options
    Most people who post on this board seem to have a philisophical , 'well if its good money, and .......he aint that good anyway' attitude to nearly all of our players especially if a half decent offer comes in for them. Yet many of them would be very difficult to replace and we need to actually improve on the quality of the squad not see some of our 'better' players go. If we are at all serious about winning promotion then we really do need a strong defense and i do feel that we need Majic to be part of it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shrew[/cite]Most people who post on this board seem to have a philisophical , 'well if its good money, and .......he aint that good anyway' attitude to nearly all of our players especially if a half decent offer comes in for them. Yet many of them would be very difficult to replace and we need to actually improve on the quality of the squad not see some of our 'better' players go. If we are at all serious about winning promotion then we really do need a strong defense and i do feel that we need Majic to be part of it.

the thing is there arn't that many players that I'd be particularly bothered if they stayed or not. Those I don't want to lose are Weaver, Varney, Gray, Holland, Shelvey and erm. Well that is about the lot. Of the rest none are really that good that we'd miss them and some (Bent,Faye,Thomas,Ambrose,Sam,Fortune) I'd be more than happy if they left.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]If he goes its only due to the fact we can get some money for him..........unlike Bent, Faye etc etc.

Fire sale at the Valley - no reasonable offer rejected..........jeez, where did it all go wrong.

I give you two words - Iain Dowie, and perhaps two more Djimi Traore, oh and a couple more Amdy Faye.
  • Options
    I haven't said for a while so....

Darren Ambrose scored or provide the official assist for a quarter of our goals last season.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    [quote][cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]If he goes its only due to the fact we can get some money for him..........unlike Bent, Faye etc etc.

Fire sale at the Valley - no reasonable offer rejected..........jeez, where did it all go wrong.[/quote]

I give you two words - Iain Dowie, and perhaps two more Djimi Traore, oh and a couple more Amdy Faye.[/quote]

Two words Cheap option.

Regarding Ambrose he has been playing with an injury the last 1.5 years. Only just found out what was wrong maybe we get to see Dazza back to his best when he played alongside the Danny Murphy
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    If he is injured he should say "I am injured and not available" not "I'll play even though I am not 100% and don't blame me if I play like a twat"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]I haven't said for a while so....

Darren Ambrose scored or provide the official assist for a quarter of our goals last season.

Totally agree. How someone can say that they would be happy to get rid of Ambrose despite the impact he has in terms of goals and assists, but keep the woefully ineffective Matt Holland I find staggering.
  • Options
    that's the beauty of football, we all have different opinions.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    And if he had said, "I am injured and not available", he wouldn't have scored 9 goals from midfield and created only God knows how many others.

And as for Matt Holland (post above), every one of his managers has seen what he brings to the team, which is why he is still the first name on the team sheet.

If you are expecting a gung-ho, tough tackling, all action box to box 'Steven Gerrard type' player - then Matty's not your man. But he could easily be the bloke to play beside him.
  • Options
    We would have finished below 11th without Holland last year.

Ambrose frustrates because he could be a much better player - he could score more and get more assists too if he didn't hide so much
  • Options

I bet we conceded more goals through Ambrose mistakes than he made assists
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Jeez. Give the guy a break.
  • Options
    A fit Ambrose playing in a balanced midfield where he wasn`t expected to be a ballwinner but allowed to get forward would be imho a real step forward for us. He was good in fits and starts last term but again imho opinion that was more to do with the role he was expected to adopt. Get in that quality midfielder Pards and put Dazza alongside him. Way to go.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]

I bet we conceded more goals through Ambrose mistakes than he made assists

who was said "he'll score you ten goals and cost you 25"

What's this about him being injured? What was the injury and where was it reported
  • Options
    On the Official Site, Henry - just around the time the season ended:
    Ambrose surgery

Here's another for 3 others:
    3 other players ops
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]On the Official Site, Henry - just around the time the season ended:
    Ambrose surgery

Here's another for 3 others:
    3 other players ops

Thanks Oggy, OS first with the news as always.