Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bromley 1 Charlton 0 - post match comments

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
for match preview, click link

http://www.charltonlife.com/blog/?p=190

Comments

• Options
    I've only seen one update for this game so far..

Bromley 1 Charlton XI 0
  • Options
    alls lookin good then ;-)
  • Options
    Finished 1-0, we missed many chances including an open goal from Dickson. They scored from a deflected free kick and hit the cross bar in the first few minutes. The announcer was the highlight of the game!

Wagstaff looked good but a little small. Dickson had a meh and Toldorov, Younga and Varney were spotted watching the game.
  • Options
    May I be first
    Pardew out.
  • Options
    cheers FOD, grateful for other views from those at the game
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]cheers FOD, grateful for other views from those at the game
    Rothko and Henry knew which players where which better than I did!
  • Options
    wagstaff looked good, as did wright in the middle and fleetwood when he came on. didn't think much of the sean person that was on trial up front.

that bloody stadium announcer though.....what a laugh!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]didn't think much of the sean person that was on trial up front.
    His second touch was a tackle, and this was against a conference south team. Would be surprised if we see him again!
  • Options
    Next signing should be a swap deal. Their mad tannoy man down the vallley, and they can have our man. I want to know what that man smokes or drinks. Total nutter.

Thought Canham played ok, but appears to be no better than what we already have up front. Josh Wright had a good game.

Was impressed with Bromley's no 5. Too good for that level. Would look good in the Conference.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    nothing at all memorable about the football- Bromley's goalkeeper was good even if his legs produced the girly comment of the day from Stewart..

Stadium announcer was entertaining.. Especially liked the "got it" after the substitutions and the way Inspector Sands managed to throw the ball back holding his ice-cream..

Says it all really...........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd paid £1.50 for that 99, there was no way I was going to let it go...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]and the way Inspector Sands managed to throw the ball back holding his ice-cream..

lol nice one inspector dude, i always wanted to do that lol
  • Options
    Quite an even game really . We had a few good chances but so did they. Dicko and Yussuf both shot wide from good positions. For a first appearance the new boys did nt do bad.Canham held the ball up and laid off some nice passes.Fleetwood looks strong and goes for goal when he gets the ball. Pards was in the stand watching,not sure if he would have learned much TBH.
  • Options
    A few observations from the team out there tonight (I didn't go myself, but going to Welling tomorrow night).....

must view this as our reserve side.......apart from thomas & fortune there was little experience out there.

front line started off with Dickson & non-league trialist with Fletewood coming on after an hour. So thats 3 players who were all playing non-league football a year or so ago.

I hope for better things tomorrow .........
  • Options
    I was a little surprised that Shelvey was an unused sub.

Perhaps he has a part to play at Welling ..... ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]May I be first
    Pardew out.

Seconded ;-)

Let's hope for better tomorrow, or I really will start to worry that signing non-league players is all part of Mr P's master plan to take us there...
  • Options
    Fleetwood and Wagstaff looked good. Dickson missed an open goal. Basey hit the bar with a free kick. We played some nice passing stuff but Bromley looked sharper, defended well without creating many chances and closed us down when we took too long to shoot or pass.

A pleasant evening in good company. Sod the result.

The ice cream will go down in legend. I think Ross was standing next to us in the 2nd half but blank us ; -)

Spot of the night = Mr Andrew Mills. All conspiracy theories on another thread please
  • Options
    Did Charlton wear the new kit? I was wondering if anyone's views has changed on it?
  • Options
    Seems like it's going to be pishig down all day, so sod standing in the rain at the park end ...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]Seems like it's going to be pishig down all day, so sod standing in the rain at the park end ...

Oh well looks like an evening in the Guy Earl trying to get served then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    what was the crowd roughly ?

what was this announcer doing ?
  • Options
    Not a bad game last night.I was impressed with Bromley who looked sharp,their no5 was solid and gave the trialist Canham a tough time and Fleetwood looked good.
  • Options
    Andrew Mills?????

Going to meet pals tonight in the Guy, not sure if I'll venture in though, seem to start off intending to go in then the beer takes over, bring back the Welling game on a Saturday I say, they were cracking all dayers.
  • Options
    Surprised no one has blamed Millsy for the result, lol.. so how many chances did we have compared to them?
  • Options
    Did anyone else think that Fleetwood did very well and ....dare I say it looked not a lot unlike a certain Super Clive.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited July 2008
    Looked as in "looked a bit like a kebab shop owner" or looked as in "deadly and clinical in front of goal"?

Did Goldberg get any abuse?
  • Options
    All a bit meh to be honest, Thomas and Fortune looked uninterested, Racon poor, Wright average, Carhan shocking, Dickson was wasteful.

But Wagstaff, Fleetwood, Elliot and Basey looked good. Fleetwood seemed to have a good touch, pace and a willingness to have a go.

Tannoy man was quality
  • Options
    What was the lad Mambo like? saw he got 10 mins near the end was he any good?
  • Options
    Not surprised Thomas & Fortune looked disinterested ........... Premier League experienced players basically forced to play with the kids & hopefuls.

Possibly a clear indication they've already been told they're in the out tray.

Several posts comment on how sharp Bromley looked compared to our lads - but then Charlton have only been training for a week and obviously won't be anywhere match fit.

Of course, Bromley would go for it and treat it like a competitive fixture.

Non-league sides always treat games against high profile opposition like a cup tie. And a Charlton XI with a couple of Prem experienced players would still seem like a decent 'scalp'.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Not surprised Thomas & Fortune looked disinterested ........... Premier League experienced players basically forced to play with the kids & hopefuls.

Possibly a clear indication they've already been told they're in the out tray.

Several posts comment on how sharp Bromley looked compared to our lads - but then Charlton have only been training for a week and obviously won't be anywhere match fit.

Of course, Bromley would go for it and treat it like a competitive fixture.

Non-league sides always treat games against high profile opposition like a cup tie. And a Charlton XI with a couple of Prem experienced players would still seem like a decent 'scalp'.

Why let facts and common sense get in the way of a domesday scenario? We're doomed, doomed I tell thee!!