Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sell over my dead body...the last player i would sell

Reading on various posts it would appear we all have opinions on players skill or commitment...Ambrose Holland and Thomas players weho we seem to think are donkeys or race horses.......wondering who would be the last you would let go,,,,and remember we all all differant

1. Varney
2. Holland
3. Weever

Tell you what its not easy as no real diamonds...

Comments

• Options
    Elliot

Shelvey

ZZ
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Weaver big time !!

Shelvey if say West Ham came in for 5 million for him and the board accepted the offer I wonder what the reaction would be.

Not been impressed with Randolph. Havnt seen Elliot. Hope fully Randolph would prove me wrong if Weaver was suspended or sold.
  • Options
    Varney
    Shelvey
    Elliott
  • Options
    1. Shelvey
    2. Varney
    3. Holland
  • Options
    No one. If we get a decent offer sell them.
  • Options
    Shelvey
    Youga
    Varney

the rest i could live with. Bougherra should be in that group on technical ability, but i still have a nagging thought that there is something there i can't quite fully rely on.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Hales ---- o f**k
    Flannagan----o f**k
    Paul Elliot----o f**K
    P Walsh----o f**K
    Kinsella---- o f**K
    Parker----o f**k

No one in the present team is beyond a price. Although it does appear that at least two seem priceless i.e. no one wants to part with dosh for em.
  • Options
    Varney
    Bougherra
    Todorov

Are only players with any genuine 'Class'
  • Options
    Shelvey
    Varney

These are the 2 for me - Varney could have a great season if partnered with Gray or Toddy
  • Options
    Varney
    Bougherra
    Shelvey
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only Shelvey

I would drive Bougherra to Spain myself for half the price they are offering
  • Options
    Varney
    Varney
    Shelvey
  • Options
    Reid

Bougherra
    Shelvey
    Ambrose
  • Options
    YASSIN!!!!!!

Bougherra would be up there but he's going.

Guess Ambrose and Varney
  • Options
    Shelvey
    Varney
    Weaver

I know everyone "has a price" but if we seriously want to compete this year, then we need to go out of our way to create a spine to the team.
  • Options
    reid

.........but of the current crop,

Shelvey
    ZZ
    Dickson
    Varney
  • Options
    Whats the point

Said that for

Reid
    Bent D
    Parker

We are a selling club....When have we ever not been ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]We are a selling club....When have we ever not been ?
    Since Marcus Bent and Amdy Faye returned.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    To be honest there is nobody I'd be sorry to lose if "the price is right" however if we are skint I think we would have difficulty getting adequate replacements for

Fortune (Unsung hero. Proven at the highest level. Can do most of what Bougy does. Given that cash in on Bougy who is worth more on the open market).

ZZ (Class. I just hope his injury is not too bad and he is not knackered after the Olympics. At his best capable of getting us promoted with a decent ball winner alongside).

Todorov (Sheer class. We missed him even more than Reid last season in my opinion)

Those 3 are very good Championship adequate Premiership players and have the class and good attitude to make a difference and give us a shot at promotion. Youga nearly made it in to my list but the other 3 are the spine of the side (keeper excepted).
  • Options
    I still say that our priorty in midfield is a playmaker. I think we have payers capable of winning the ball and imho which won`t be echoed by most on here I think that Matty Holland will start games if fit. Where will the creativity come from is my worry.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I echo that Shooters........we were saying after Curbs went that we couldn't survive in the prem with a midfield consisting of Hughes & Holland......and we were proved right. Hughes left and the situation improved once Reid arrived, but we still needed to strengthen.

The situation deterioated once Reidy left and anyone who watched us post xmas could tell we needed soomething extra in midfield. Now with no ZZ until September we are relying on Holland & Shelvey to run our midfield, with semedo & racon as back ups. This simply can not continue. If this situation is not rectified by Aug 9th then Pardew has to go. We have more strikers you can shake a stick at , but no-one who can supply them - even if we had Torres up-front and he would struggle.
  • Options
    Agree golf. Unless Pards has a lot of faith in Racon and Sinclair which would be odd seeing how he was happy for them to not feature last season. We must get in that quality central midfielder. If this doesn`t happen then I really can see us struggling again. Murray has stated that we must sell before we cant buy so I guess we can deffo look forward to seeing Boughera leaving which imho creates a different problem. Totally unbalanced squad with no money to spend to remedy situation. Great stuff.
  • Options
    Cheer up, folks.

Still nearly 5 weeks to go until there's a fixture that's more than a glorified training exercise.
    A lot can happen in that time.

And quite possibly will.
  • Options
    Well said Oggy. True I know but if I don`t worry then I start to worry :-)
  • Options
    1. Shelvey
    2. Varney
    3. Hudson.
  • Options
    Interesting to see Varney high up on list.........hope Pards plays him more this season...know he was injured but had feeling he wasnt Pards cup of tea for some reason....
  • Options
    Interesting point dartford. I got that impression too. I rekon Pards will use Varney as a sub rather than a starter. Gray and Toderov. Not heard a single Charlton fan that doesn`t like Varney.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Interesting point dartford. I got that impression too. I rekon Pards will use Varney as a sub rather than a starter. Gray and Toderov. Not heard a single Charlton fan that doesn`t like Varney.

For me Varney has to start as neither Gray or Toderov have any pace so to play them together would make us too one dimensional in attack, a problem we had on a number of occassions last season when Big Chris and Gray played together.

Varney and Toderov would be my preferred choice.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dartfordgent[/cite]Interesting to see Varney high up on list.........hope Pards plays him more this season...know he was injured but had feeling he wasnt Pards cup of tea for some reason....

I just couldn't think of anyone else...

In all seriousness he has the talent and desire, added to which he has a bit of pace. Provided he stays injury free and gets good service next year could be a great season for him.
  • Options
    1. Bougherra
    2. Moutaoukil
    3. Varney