Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone up on laws getting done by CCTV (driving)

edited July 2008 in Not Sports Related
been sent a PCN for driving in bus lane - bang to rights can't argue.

But on viewing the photos online from lovely Lambeth Council it states on every picture that my vehicle is black when it is blue.

Can I take advantage of that mistake.

Comments

• Options
    You can always try - if only you were in your cab!
  • Options
  • Options
    sound like a very good loophole.

I got done for cutting into the last 10 yds of a bus lane to turn left in Penge High St. I contested it. I couldn't challenge the issue of the ticket because I HAD committed the offence (It seems common sense doesn't count).

I got off because I went and checked all the signage and the road markings and found that some of the road markings were too close together and didn't comply with the road traffic act.

It seems that if they're sending you a PCN with incorrect details on it you've got a good case to take this too appeal.

Good Luck
  • Options
    We have a girl at my work who deals with PCN's all day, she says challenge it on the basis of the colour, it may work, she has known it too before, but she says its no guarantee as they use the registration and you may have sprayed the car a different colour in all innoncence since the event.
  • Options
    What colour is on your registration document?
  • Options
    I think the Death Penalty is too good for people like you, you could of knocked over one of them poor Cyclists like Rothko :-)
  • Options
    Strange really, any DVLA/VOSA website I go on says my car is grey using the registration, when it is quite clearly blue, its never had a paint job, the mother in had it from new, now we have it.
  • Options
    Got done once by the smart car, mobile traffic enforcement unit from Bexley Council. It drives around Welling basically photoing people who park in the bus stop outside McDonalds and down Central Avenue (outside the Nisa shop) etc and issues £50 PCNs. We now actively get people to move on if we spot the smart car and someone is parked illegally. They usually thank us!
  • Options
    you have to notify change of colour on the car registration documents - this is something that will come up I think when you do an hpi check. I had the same with my old mgf which was anthracite, a grey/black, I think it was down as grey when to most it looks mettallic black
  • Options
    Just spoke to my wife - she used to work in Bus Lane Enforcement for TfL.

She says a black/blue colour confusion is quite common and the ticket will almost definitely be upheld. As Mr Wright has said, check the signs & lines - that's going to be your best chance of getting out of it. However, if it's all in order, pay it quick and get it half price!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ledge - you were in the wrong, pay up fella.
  • Options
    Medders bollox

Alex Wright - Says blue on registration document.

Ketman - you are right of course.

F BLOCKER - Even though I have appealed I have done it within the 14 days and will still get the discounted price so no harm in appealing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]Medders bollox

Were you driving in a bus lane, illegally? Yes. Doesnt matter what colour the car was, just pay the fine!
  • Options
    Cheer up medders.
  • Options
    Ledge

Make sure you get a copy of all the photographic evidence that Lambeth will send in as evidence
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Cheer up medders.

I was mate, until I read this thread!
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    get stuffed medders.

don't read my post if you don't like it.
  • Options
    Come on Ledge, give us a cuddle

;-)
  • Options
    Hopefully Boris will abolish bus lanes....
  • Options
    Boris' next manifesto of ideas.......... (or just my imagination running wild)

Free blamange for all school children, bendy taxis, and the Thames to be turned into a pedestrian walkway.

The mans a legend
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The man's a prick. He's made it clear where his priorities lie - helping those all those poor people that drive 4x4s...
  • Options
    The other half got done for sittting in a yellow box junction at Broad Walk, Well Hall Road for 10 secs. They wanted £160, very good picture and you could see her driving. However the date of the offence was the 20th on the PCN and the date on the photo was the 19th. Wrote to them to say that there was no case to answer and as 28 days had past since the offence, they were unable to reissue the PCN.
    Got a reply saying that she was let off. Well worth appealling on the colour of the car, what have you got to lose, the cost of a stamp.
  • Options
    love boris because he aint red ken.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]The man's a prick. He's made it clear where his priorities lie - helping those all those poor people that drive 4x4s...

Indeed he's been mayor for five minutes and has already given Porsche £400,000 in a bribe not to sue, his race relations advisor has resigned after making racist statements, while another, who apparently was an ordained CofE minister, has resigned after allegations of sexual harassment and financial irregularities were made against him. Not bad for a month's work...