Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Travel advice required (Greece)

Anyone know which Greek Island would be suitable for a small group of blokes in their mid 40's to go to for a weekend?
Lively but not crazy, I hear Zante is the mental place these days, I think we're too old for all that.
Any ideas please, avoiding the Mykinos jokes?!

Comments

• Options
    Corfu, Kavos, mixture of bars & clubs to suit all age groups
  • Options
    Im going kavos next friday, never been before.
    Stalios which is just down the road from malia in crete is a good option, nice little fishing village with the option to venture into malia for some bars and clubs.
  • Options
    We went to the island of Lefkas two years ago which i thought was gorgeous. We didnt stay in the main resort of Nidri but about 10ks outside. We went into Nidri a couple of nights to watch charlton v chelsea and an england game. Plenty of bars and restaurants along there to keep you busy but not mental.
  • Options
    Thanks all.
  • Options
    kefalonia is worth a visit
  • Options
    Lesbos appeals to me...
  • Options
    Try Mykonos...Very Cosmo
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]Im going kavos next friday, never been before.
    Stalios which is just down the road from malia in crete is a good option, nice little fishing village with the option to venture into malia for some bars and clubs.

Try the Rolling Stone bar, if its still there, good place, the main road through Kavos is about 0.5 mile long, and the whole road is lined with bars. clubs & takeaways.
  • Options
    wicked cheers mate, hopefully will be a gooden!
  • Options
    Close your eyes on the coach journey down from the airport though, there are lots of winding roads and the drivers are maniacs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've been recommended the following islands:
    Hydra, Tinos & Santorini.
  • Options
    I'm heading for Ag Nic in Crete on Friday, tripadvisor says it seems to be OK
  • Options
    Rhodes is the best one as far im concerned. Great beaches, Rhodes town for nightlife and the plenty of quality tourist attrictions.
  • Options
    We all like a bit of Greek.....
  • Options
    Kavos is bedlam, done a 18-30 there a few years ago. there was a bar that showed Only fools and horses on repeat 24 hours a day the perfect place to get over a hang over the day after. the main street gets like any town centre on a sat night if you stick with your mates and dont go looking for trouble you will be fine. Pleanty of Old Bill around as well but they dont take any shite just to warn you.
  • Options
    Both my Cousing & Gumbo have returned from weeks out in Malia & they say it is heaving with young Women at the moment....sound up your street ?
  • Options
    Travel advice! - go some where else!
    wiping your arse and putting the paper in a bin - disgusting!
  • Options

See if you can find a bar called the Zoo bar , its on the main road but just set back a bit and see if they have a CAFC shirt on the wall
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]

See if you can find a bar called the Zoo bar , its on the main road but just set back a bit and see if they have a CAFC shirt on the wall

There's also a bar at the top end of Kavos off the beaten track by a hotel with Charlton shirt from 2000 on the ceiling.
  • Options
    I'm off to Zante in 2 weeks and more than hope its mental and messy!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]I'm off to Zante in 2 weeks and more than hope its mental and messy!

I proposed to my first wife there 20 years ago. It was very quiet in those days.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]I'm off to Zante in 2 weeks and more than hope its mental and messy![/quote]

Laganas is the place for you then!

Am off to the Island myself in just under 4 weeks and cannot wait!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Gumbo has returned from weeks out in Malia & they say it is heaving with young Women at the moment

Yeah, and he still didnt see any action!!!!!