Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Durham v Yorkshire Quarter Final Twenty20

Absolutely ridiculous situation last night - I'd have been fuming if I'd had a ticket. Why this came out just before the game was meant to be played is anybody's guess.

I suspect that they will make Yorkshire replay the match against Notts or even throw them out but considering the 17 year lad bowled only 2 overs with figure of 0-18 and Yorkshire won by 9 wickets surely common sense should prevail and Yorkshire should be allowed to play the quarter final.

Comments

• Options
    Throw them both out and give Kent a bye to the final.

No idea what happened. Did they play an under age player?
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited July 2008
    They played a 17 year old from their academy who had already captained England under-15 but only has a Pakistan passport, therefore under ICC rules he was not eligible to play as they already had one overseas player registered.

As Nassar Hussein said "It's crazy!"
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Throw them both out and give Kent a bye to the final.

Paperwork problem re one of Yorkshire's players. I believe he has a Pakistani passport but not a British one.

I don't understand why this has only become a problem now though as the lad in question apparently captained England U15s with no problems or questions being asked.

Very strange all round.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Throw them both out and give Kent a bye to the final.

Paperwork problem re one of Yorkshire's players. I believe he has a Pakistani passport but not a British one.

I don't understand why this has only become a problem now though as the lad in question apparently captained England U15s with no problems or questions being asked.

Very strange all round.

Evidently non 1st class games, which England U15's is, come under the ECB (or whatever its called now) and 1st class games come under ICC rules and the registration and paperwork is different.
  • Options
    Think its quite simular to footie, ryan giggs played school boy football for england then had to chose wales because he was not eligable to play for us. The truth Yorkshire is a top club and somebody somewhere should have known about the lad. they should be kicked out as a golfer would with too many clubs in his bag or footie team who field i dont know say two argentinians who are on loan but not sure who owns them, then one of them scores the goals that keeps them in the premier league, they should be kicked out of there league.... DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!