Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kewell to Galatasaray

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
Another example of a footballer putting the money before the wider issue or time to move on? What if it were a CAFC player under the same circumstances?

Personally I'd have said it's nothing more than a grave error of judgement on his part were it not for who it is.

Comments

• Options
    They deserve each other.
  • Options
    Scumbag
  • Options
    I think Kewell has been insenitive in the extreme. I've little affinity with Leeds supporters but I think the families of the two who were murdered must be absolutely gutted.
  • Options
    This sounds like a manufactured internet controversy...

Clubs are not responsible for the hooligan elements among their fan base, so why should an incident from 8 years ago stop him from signing for Galatasaray when his future obviously did not lie with Liverpool? Perhaps as an Australian he shouldn't play in Turkey - after all the Turks killed many Anzac soldiers at Gallipoli.
  • Options
    Your talking about a bloke who earned best part of £60k a week NOT to play for Liverpool for the last four years, enough said.
  • Options
    Says it all about the modern day footballer really.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]This sounds like a manufactured internet controversy...

Clubs are not responsible for the hooligan elements among their fan base, so why should an incident from 8 years ago stop him from signing for Galatasaray when his future obviously did not lie with Liverpool? Perhaps as an Australian he shouldn't play in Turkey - after all the Turks killed many Anzac soldiers at Gallipoli.
    I agree but obviously can see why Leeds fans would be angry. I would be more mad at UEFA for allowing the 2005 Champions League final to be played there.
  • Options
    hate this guy, over rated piece of convict garbage!
  • Options
    the guy is a maggot and to try to say i am trying to build bridges between the 2 teams just makes it worse as the penny has only just dropped in his pea brain
  • Options
    But would you do his missus though?....lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]But would you do his missus though?....lol
    Oi - keep it for Friday! :-p
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: FOD[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]This sounds like a manufactured internet controversy...

I agree but obviously can see why Leeds fans would be angry. I would be more mad at UEFA for allowing the 2005 Champions League final to be played there.

In any case Leeds fans should be the last to complain when you consider their history of football hooliganism.