Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ex players still in the prem

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
OK, there has been a thread for players we wouldn't sell, how many of these did we want to sell and where would we be now if we hadn't! Bar 1 or 2 they all went in the last 4 years so I'll start off with...............

Kiely

Young
Turner
Konc (added by SHG)
HH (added by AFK)

Parker
Bowyer
Murphy
Reid (added by AFK, how did I miss that one!)

Bent
Defoe

Subs: Hughes

Comments

• Options
    Carson?

just gone back to Liverpool after loan at Villa
  • Options
    Konch
  • Options
    Turner is hardly still in the prem he's only just got there.
  • Options
    Smertin?????
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]Turner is hardly still in the prem he's only just got there.[/quote]

But why not with us? Who see fit to let him go when we still have Fortune?
  • Options
    Sub Hughes for Andy Reid

HH
  • Options
    Curbs let him go City. He sold him to Brentford.

Jermain defoe does he count ? not really.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CityAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]Turner is hardly still in the prem he's only just got there.

But why not with us? Who see fit to let him go when we still have Fortune?

If you'd seen him play against us for Brentford you know why we let him go. Bent walked past him reading a book and sipping a glass of wine and still got to the ball first to score.

Let's see how Turner does in the Prem before we build him up as someone we "missed" out on.

Personally I think Fortune is much better and quicker player
  • Options
    We had no real choice with the midfield and attack you name.

In fact arguably the only two players we "chose" to release from those named were Kiely and Turner.

We had far better central defenders (including Fortune) than Turner at the time he released him. Darren Bent exposed his limitations in the cup tie against Brentford as will other Premiership strikers in due course.

Deano is a tough one. However he had slipped from the very high standards he set previously which is why Andersen and Myhre were given a chance in the first place. Deano chose to move on rather than fight for his place. Andersen wasn't up to it but Myhre did nothing wrong really and he was only dropped because an even better keeper, Carson, became available.
  • Options
    Agree with the comments on Deano, I to be honest was never his greatest fan as I like a keeper to command his entire box, not just the six yard one, but all the others except for Defoe were under contract so in theory as a club we did choose to sell them on. My point is for all those that were sold we got very good money, we have never gone out and broke the bank for anyone, yes Dowie blew 10mil or so but that was covered by selling Bent, so why are we now in the position we are in? A good run in the Prem, nor spending to much during that run, and selling players for decent fees.

And what if we had of kept them? I know some will disagree, but that looks a half decent side on paper.

I take on board the comments on Turner, begs the question what have Hull done that others couldn't?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2008
    [cite]Posted By: CityAddick[/cite]Agree with the comments on Deano, I to be honest was never his greatest fan as I like a keeper to command his entire box, not just the six yard one, but all the others except for Defoe were under contract so in theory as a club we did choose to sell them on. My point is for all those that were sold we got very good money, we have never gone out and broke the bank for anyone, yes Dowie blew 10mil or so but that was covered by selling Bent, so why are we now in the position we are in? A good run in the Prem, nor spending to much during that run, and selling players for decent fees.

And what if we had of kept them? I know some will disagree, but that looks a half decent side on paper.

I take on board the comments on Turner, begs the question what have Hull done that others couldn't?

Turner is a decent championship player but, like plenty of others, has not quite got what it takes to step up to the prem.

Give it a few weeks and Hansen will be huffing and puffing about Turner's defending not being premiership class.

Your side does look ok on paper but the wages would be prohibitive for a championship club.
  • Options
    But Len, had that side actually been a reality, we wouldn't of ever been a champ club, and in fact it would probbably be stronger at the back.

I'll stop now, as this was supposed to be a bit of fun, but it's all gone a bit to serious!
  • Options
    Linvoy Primus
  • Options
    ryan nelson at blackburn had a trail with us if that counts. would have been a quailty signing.