Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rhubarb

Nice in a crumble or with custard

Comments

• Options
    crumble with custard all over
  • Options
    Cumble with custard :-)
  • Options
    Any crumble with custard.
  • Options
    Love rhubarb but can never find a dish long enough to cook it in
  • Options
    Spotted Dick anyone?....;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]Love rhubarb but can never find a dish long enough to cook it in
    lol

Crumble and custard.

But rhubarb season is behind us, we are now firmly into gooseberry season!
  • Options
    It's early gooseberry season and they are usually too tart to eat raw .... have em in a nice pie
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]Spotted Dick anyone?....;-)

You need natural yoghurt mate, not rhubarb
  • Options
    Rhubarb or gooseberry fool.........................when i was younger use to eat greengages ? tree gone in Martins Grove so never see them since....what are they

but crumble hot or cold up in top 3 puds
  • Options
    i remember that tree !! there was also a crabapple and a walnut tree over there once.

think greengages are some sort of plumb.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah! Eric Sykes was a genius :)
  • Options
    Don't like the stuff!
  • Options
    Crumble with Ice Cream...Munch!
  • Options
    Oooh yeah - Hartley's Gooseberries in a tin - the only way to eat them - FACT. Nan used to make Goosebrry pie with those Hartleys jobs - awesome childhood memory, right up there with her bread & butter pudding (and her bread pudding for that matter). Nerver liked eating them fresh for some reason.

Rhubarb crumble with custard is quite possibly the best dessert ever invented - though apple pie with cheese is awesome as well.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite] though apple pie with cheese is awesome as well.

amen to that Leroy
  • Options
    I have some growing in my garden, thrives in these cold climes - only planted it this year so will have to wait until next summer to enjoy.

I need to know what to do with an excess of Cape Gooseberries.
  • Options
    Here we go mate:

Food Uses

In addition to being canned whole and preserved as jam, the cape gooseberry is made into sauce, used in pies, puddings, chutneys and ice cream, and eaten fresh in fruit salads and fruit cocktails. In Colombia, the fruits are stewed with honey and eaten as dessert. The British use the husk as a handle for dipping the fruit in icing.
  • Options
    Apple pie with cheese??? aye???
  • Options
    yes gh remembr the trees up the top( always semed to have spring water running through them ) and scrumping apples over the wall......good memories of MG pool ...great times....could you imagine the great unwashed and locals you would get there now.......but still shame Martins Grove and danson shut down.....