Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bostock to Spurs for only £700k.

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
In your face Jordan lol.
A flat £700k fee rising for £1.25m based on appearances in the first team. Somewhat different to the £5m valuation Jordan put on him.

I know its not right that the bigger clubs pilfer the talent from the smaller clubs but hey, at least its Palace being robbed.

Comments

• Options
    Have to agree with Jordan somewhat (ouch...that hurt), the wet spammers did to us regards Defoe.
  • Options
    Of course it is absolutely disgraceful and if it happened to us I'd be going absolutely mental. ( Lets hope we get Jonjo on an 25 year contract as soon as possible!)

BUT, I find it hard not to laugh at anything that annoys that nice Mr Jordan so much.
  • Options
    Absolutely shocking decision by the FA especially considering Aaron Ramsey has just gone to Arsenal for £5m.

Surely it should reflect market conditions?

The game is being destroyed, why would clubs like ourselves even bother with academies if this is how the "smaller" clubs are going to be treated?

But. It is Palace, so ha.

(nobody take Shelvey, thanks)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]In your face Jordan lol.
    A flat £700k fee rising for £1.25m based on appearances in the first team. Somewhat different to the £5m valuation Jordan put on him.

I know its not right that the bigger clubs pilfer the talent from the smaller clubs but hey, at least its Palace being robbed.

This sets a precedent that will allow cash rich clubs to rob lower league clubs of their best players and do so cheaply - £1.25m is nothing if Bostock turns out to be half as good as everyone thinks he'll be. Palace aren't getting a fair compensation for their player and this might act as a disincentive to invest in new talent.

Substitute Shelvey and Charlton for Bostock and Palace and I'd be pretty angry if this was being done to us.
  • Options
    Palace or not this is disgusting, i make jordan 100% right, whats the point in having an acadamy which costs £££ to run only for the big mugs to come in nick your best young talent and then the tribunal sets this pathetic figure! Its shocking really and the game is being ruined.
  • Options
    Jordan is right. If this did happen to say Shelvey or any of our other players it would pee me off.

How about a mass fans boycott of matches one football league weekend games to say we the fans Palarse, Millwall, Charlton etc... wont this sorted out properly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]

How about a mass fans boycott of matches one football league weekend games to say we the fans Palarse, Millwall, Charlton etc...

let's do it on one of our away fixtures ;-)
  • Options
    'let's do it on one of our away fixtures ;-) '

we all ready do it at our away fixtures :-)
  • Options
    Shocking but still lmao.
    Can we have him on a season long loan?
  • Options
    Dont laugh at Palarse to soon. Shelvey will be gone in one season if (thats if) he is as good as we have been told and we dont go up. Parachute money stops next year and lets face it there is no loyalty in football anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talking of Shelvey, when was the last time we had a genuine bald player, apart from Danny Mills whose hair cut was by choice originally, Shelvey not having that luxury.
  • Options
    Jensen was balding quite a bit by the time he left.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Chris whyte was a bit 'patchy' .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Talking of Shelvey, when was the last time we had a genuine bald player, apart from Danny Mills whose hair cut was by choice originally, Shelvey not having that luxury.

lol
  • Options
    Disgusting outcome.

I'm very worried for the future of clubs like ourselves and can find nothing at all to laugh at here.
  • Options
    Iwelumo?
  • Options
    Konch.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    First thing i thought was we need to tie Shelvey to a big contract or else we could be fooked.

not funny at all i dont like the orange one but right now i dislike spurs more for making ny sons team homeless with no option of help so they can build a road through his club house into their new super training facility 200 kids with out a footie home aged betewwn 6 - 18.

The little effort they have put in to help speaks volumes of this club, I hope they move to MK dons when their ground is getting rebuilt and something terrible happens to their finance and they crumble into the sea bullying big time charlies.

I hope bostock turns out shite and ends up at Millwall the money grabbing little shit
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]First thing i thought was we need to tie Shelvey to a big contract [/quote]

And there lies the rub ?

Look at from his point of you, why should he sign it when he sees what's going on around him ?

I've no doubt that the best development any player can have is by playing regularly at Championship level, for a few years at least. But will he see that, when he sees the trend and the carrot being offered elsewhere ?
  • Options
    Yet again the FA fail to serve the wider interests of football.
    Shocking.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope we voice our concerns to the FA about this as well.
  • Options
    Hang on a minute guys for every Defoe there is one that does not fulfill their potential. What if this fella turns out to be a Kevin Lisbie, all potential & no end product.

Personally I think this is where the tribunal system has a great opportunity to weight the players worth against what they actually achieve. If he says end up like the new Wayne Rooney how would the selling club (Palace in this case ) benefit, well by ensuring that the club who lost the player gets 70-75% of any re-sale value. As for the immediate benefit to the selling club they already get an initial Transfer fee plus money based on appearances, then add ons for becoming an international etc. Basically they get a fair & proper settlement for the player over the course of his career, but if he turns into a Lisbie type player they get well...not much.

These players will always get cherry picked from smaller clubs it's just a case of how do you make sure the club that developed the player gets a fair settlement.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]In your face Jordan lol.

This sets a precedent that will allow cash rich clubs to rob lower league clubs of their best players and do so cheaply - £1.25m is nothing if Bostock turns out to be half as good as everyone thinks he'll be. Palace aren't getting a fair compensation for their player and this might act as a disincentive to invest in new talent.

Substitute Shelvey and Charlton for Bostock and Palace and I'd be pretty angry if this was being done to us.

Perhaps we shouldn't over expose Shelvey until February when he's 17 and can sign a contract, until then if he plays, plays well and get's noticed then we are very vunerable.
  • Options
    Whether Bostock turns out to be anything is surely only a part of the issue.

The fact is clubs like ours and palarse invest huge sums in their acadamy's, in the hope of unearthing a gem or two. If we do it either helps towards a promotion push, or helps balance the books. Why bother if we're just going to get stiffed everytime?

When Defoe jumped ship we got 1.4 mill in tribunal for a player who never appeared in our first team and that was 10 years ago, you cannot compare the market then to what it is now. In the open market Arsenal have paid up to 12 mill and 5 mill for Walcott and Ramsey respectively, both had made significant appearances for their clubs.

Compare that to Bostock who was valued at 700k now, rising to 1.25 mill for a player who has played 4 times in the first team and played 13 times for the England U17's. So the tribunal is effectively saying that the current market is lower than 10 years ago, that despite the fact that there was already a tabled bid of 900k for the player from Chelsea and they ignore the cases of Walcott and Ramsey.

The whole issue of a sell on clause has not been mentioned, so we don't know if it exists or not in this case, did we have one for Defoe?

I just have a sneaky suspicion that the orange ones anti establishment rants in the past may have come back to haunt him here and just possibly the tribunal are at this very moment laughing their cods off at his expense.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    Perhaps we shouldn't over expose Shelvey until February when he's 17 and can sign a contract, until then if he plays, plays well and get's noticed then we are very vunerable.

I honestly don't think this will make much difference. Anyone who is anyone in youth football will know all there is to know about him.
  • Options
    I agree it's a shockingly low amount, we recieved £500k for a Kid called Owen Price about 10 years ago who was released by Spurs after playing exactly zero games and now plays in Sweden... I'd suggest Bostock was a better player than him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite] we recieved £500k for a Kid called Owen Price about 10 years ago who was released by Spurs after playing exactly zero games and now plays in Sweden... I'd suggest Bostock was a better player than him.

Last i heard about 3 years ago he made a few appearances for Lewes Town then went off to try his luck in Sweden
  • Options
    Maybe the FA should bring in some kind of standard compensation listings. For example, player plays for first team - 250k, 10 appearances - 250k, 25 appearances - same again, 50//75/100 appearances, under 21 cap - 500k, full cap - 1m etc. That way clubs would know what they'd be getting for their player. Admittedly it still wouldn't put off the top 4 who have millions for players but it'd be a start.
    At the moment how do the people arriving at these tribunal figures know what fee to put on a player?
  • Options
    Still Palace fans have taken it well - http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=2427405952

Got to love social networking sites