Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sepp Blatter

How did this man ever become FIFA president - total idiot!
He's come out today saying Ronaldo (bless his little cotton socks) should be allowed to leave is he so desires, critisising a trend towards 'modern slavery' in football.
I tell you what, anyone wanting to pay me £120,000 per week can have me as their slave anyday!

Comments

• Options
    wasnt is Cashley Cole who first said that and then had to back track ?

These twats want to live in the real World.
  • Options
    Of course the very fact that these players use a four year deal to negotiate a high salary under the pretext of staying put for a while is completely lost on old sloppy bladder.

Though it has to be said, he is completely suited to running an organisation that matches his own unique abilities.
  • Options
    An incredible thing to come out with, the man is an absolute knob
  • Options
    I make Platini an even bigger knob though.

I used to idolise him as a kid - but now he's just a nasty bigoted twat.
  • Options
    Remember they could get a serious injury anytime. Thats what Judas, gutter snipe spotty Parker apparantly said.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Remember they could get a serious injury anytime. Thats what Judas, gutter snipe spotty Parker apparantly said.

With some of them, here's hoping.
  • Options
    He's a clown - who hates english football just like platini.
  • Options
    To refer to a player who was plucked by United from Portuguese football as an unknown, developed from a raw talent into the worlds best player, rewarded with a 5 year contract on 120k a week only last year, and won trophies galore, as a 'slave' is an absolute joke. How he can get away with saying that is ridiculous. He should be made to explain his comments, or at least come out and apologise.

I've not got much time for United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal but i hope that those 4 continue to dominate the champions league for years to come just to annoy the complete morons that are Blatter and Platini.
  • Options
    don't think this is the last we'll hear of this. Expect utd to take legal action possibly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]don't think this is the last we'll hear of this. Expect utd to take legal action possibly.
    Not sure they will as Blatter is currently teflon coated. I don't think it'll be long though before he's on his way out, he's making more an more of these mad statements recently.

I'd settle for one of Sir Alex's cutting comments on the matter
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]He's a clown - who hates english football just like platini.

spot on ledge, a pair of english hating bufoons of the highest order!
  • Options
    Is this the same fifa who wont let a player player for 3 clubs in one calendar year, thereby restricting his freedom to move ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]don't think this is the last we'll hear of this. Expect utd to take legal action possibly.
    Not sure they will as Blatter is currently teflon coated. I don't think it'll be long though before he's on his way out, he's making more an more of these mad statements recently.

I'd settle for one of Sir Alex's cutting comments on the matter

Unfortunately unless you've got Sky, you won't hear him speak..:-)
  • Options
    Their problem is that the champions league has come back to bite them on the arse. At it's conception Spanish, Italian and German teams were at the fore, and presumably they thought it would stay that way. The huge popularity of English football was underestimated and the growing TV deals have given English clubs more and more cash, and therefore better players and more power. The knock on effect being that they have grown stronger and stronger in European competition and consequently earned even more cash. The vicious circle of their own making has now become a problem, because it looks increasingly likely that the greedy four in England will dominate the champions league for some time to come.

At the present time there is very little they can do to change things, so they resort to petty sniping, and to actually taking it out on the fans. The plan to force the government to open up non-England games in the Euros to the highest bidder is an example, if they win we, the fans, will be forced to pay for what was free until now. The "good of the game" malarky would indicate to me that their remit is to open up the game to as many people as possible, instead they are trying to restrict it in England, for their own financial ends.

It must annoy them to death how widespread support for the game is in England, the crowds at some League 1 and League 2 games leave top flight crowds here in Portugal standing, and it's the same in most European countries. The Championship now being the fourth biggest supported league in Europe is proof that no-one else in Europe can hold a candle to the English when it comes to support of the game. We are head and shoulders above the rest, and perhaps they should be directing their energies towards addressing that problem in the "failing" leagues, rather than trying to peg back England's clubs because they have taken advantage of what's on offer?
  • Options
    Well said Algarve. Well said everybody, in fact.

The bloke is a bell end of the highest order - cow can someone that thick come to be at the top of an organisation that large?

Only in football I suppose.

Him and Platini's transparent racism makes them look stupid and bitter.

To talk about slavery makes Blatter look like such an ignorant c**t its not true. Wouldn't we all like a guaranteed sky high income for the next few years regardless of whether we actually did any work or not? No one forces them to sign these lucrative contracts, you know Sepp.
  • Options
    What an excellent post Algarve. Excellent.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]What an excellent post Algarve. Excellent.

agreed
  • Options
    Another day and it gets worse. Ronaldo has said in an interview today that he agrees with Blatter. I really hope he does go now because he is doing my brain in. I can really see Man U fans turning on him if he stays this season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]I can really see Man U fans turning on him if he stays this season.
    ...now wouldn't that be a shame!
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Maybe the ever-diminishing hardcore of 'true' fans but the vast majority won't. As soon as he starts scoring goals all will be forgiven and it'll all be forgotten.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2008
    Seconded (thirded?!!)
  • Options
    Ronaldo and Blatter should be crammed into a tiny, windowless cabin in the hold of a ship with next to no food and water and left there to float on the high seas for a very long time. Disgraceful, the pair of them.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    And 4th'd ... well said that man!
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Why, thank you chaps...

Today's latest snippet of an interview with Blatter on SSN has him on the subject of the restriction of "foreign" players in Europe - for "Europe" read "England" - and his Canute like attitude to the EU employment regulations.

Back in the day, when Italy was the only country to be able to afford the best the world had to offer, I don't recall this ever being a problem? It was before Blatter was king of the world, but he did have a senior post at FIFA even then, and of course the EU freedom of movement rules were in their infancy so maybe the comparison isn't a legitimate one, but I think you get my drift.

The best part is Blatter making it sounds like he is looking for the 5 plus 6 rule to be brought in to help improve the England national team's standing, when we all know it is to stop Manure et al from having all the cream of the world's footballers, leaving Milano, Madrid ("lifelong" Real fans not withstanding...) and Bayern with what's left.

I would be interested to know why Blatter and Platini hate the English so much, surely it cannot just be jelousy?
  • Options
    Well, Platini is French, so that's a start
  • Options
    According to the Express, Blatter is a 'member' of Real Madrid with voting rights in the club elections and a personal friend of current President, Ramon Calderon.
    Of course, any connection with these snippets of info and his view of the Ronaldo situation are purely coincidental.....
  • Options
    Being the Express I have just checked elsewhere, and it appears to be true!

That is just gob-smacking, using his position to influence something he has a personal connection with, and not having the decency to declare an interest.

The man is a blaggard of the first order...
  • Options
    Wasn't Italian football in very big trouble well before the apparent rise of the Premiership?
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    5th'd

Power corrupts. Just look at Mugabe with his Hitler tache !
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    ...and Henry with his cardigans! ;o)