Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robbie Fowler

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
Rejects Cardiff's offer and signs for Blackburn. Hopefully this will make Cardiff even more determined to sign our Marcus!

Comments

• Options
    lets hope so
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Thinking exactly the same thing Al. Taking RF off the wage bill surely means they have more financial means to get MB. It does say they've been chasing a striker. Fingers and toes crossed. I wonder how Fowler will do for Blackburn, he only played 16 times last season ffs!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Spankie[/cite]Thinking exactly the same thing Al. Taking RF off the wage bill surely means they have more financial means to get MB. It does say they've been chasing a striker. Fingers and toes crossed. I wonder how Fowler will do for Blackburn, he only played 16 times last season ffs![/quote]

Sounds like the old pals act with Fowler and Ince having played together at Liverpool!
  • Options
    .......and to think, i am sure i voted for ince in the 'charlton life managerial cup'.

what happened to that?
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Fowler will see that as a brilliant move ....... back in his native North West, bigger paying contract than Cardiff - and back in the Prem for one last Hurrah.

I think Ince and Fowler only played together for England - Ince played for Man U
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Fowler will see that as a brilliant move ....... back in his native North West, bigger paying contract than Cardiff - and back in the Prem for one last Hurrah.

I think Ince and Fowler only played together for England - Ince played for Man U

He also played for Liverpool on his return to Blighty from Inter
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Fowler will see that as a brilliant move ....... back in his native North West, bigger paying contract than Cardiff - and back in the Prem for one last Hurrah.

Ince was at Liverpool for two seasons around 1997 to 1999? when Fowler was there.
  • Options
    Thanks, guys .....stand corrected.
  • Options
    blimey with signings like that one, and getting a new manager in Ince, Blackburn are one of my favourites bottom three in the prem