Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Baby Bent/Good Bent

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
Anyone else a bit surprised that Curbs hasn't attempted to sign him up? I severely doubt the rumours that he didn't want to be managed again by Curbs were true and it all came down to the opportunity to play European footie. Or perhaps Wet Spam tightening their purse stings and wouldn't be able to afford his wages.

Would be great for him play in a team where he's probs going to be first choice again. Love the lad think he conducted himself in the perfect manner when leaving the club and hate to see his career stalling. It will also prove to the Spuds that keep moaning about him how wrong they were and what a gem of a player they had and didn't take the opportunity to play often enough, to allow him to be match fit and fulfil his potential.

Was just a tad surprised that they are in the hunt to sign Mr Fall Over and win a penalty (do rate him though) Andy Johnson. Mate at work who's a huge Everton fan is not overly happy at any attempts to sell him.

Comments

• Options
    West Ham fans wouldn't want Bent now.
    Sounds like he wants to stay at Spurs, and that they don't know if Keane and Berbatov will be there next season so not sure if they want to keep him or not. I hope he stays and scores most of their goals next season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red Fraggle[/cite]Love the lad think he conducted himself in the perfect manner when leaving the club and hate to see his career stalling.

Agree totally. As for Wham being interested, they need to cut back and reduce wages, and simply haven't got the £12m needed to secure him. He should of gone there in the first place, he would of had a good season.

Spurs was completely the wrong move for him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite I hope he stays and scores most of their goals next season.

true, but only the 2 in a 3.2 loss.. :-))
  • Options
    Perhaps (or in Curbs speak p'raps) turning down West Ham a year ago and signing for Spurs instead hasn't counted in his favour. The rumours I hear are that despite the relatively good financial position that Prem clubs find themselves in the owners of West Ham want to reduce their playing staff and wage bill.

Andy Johnson wants to stay up north where his family are settled.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Would love to see Baby Bent back up in the Premiership top-scoring charts where he belongs, but doubt it will come good for him at Spurs now. Not sure Wet Sham would be the right move, though, as their fans would taking a bit of winning over too. Everton or Newcastle might be better options, if he can bear to leave London...
  • Options
    Scotty Parker could well have learnt a lot from young Bent.

An absolute gent and model pro. Echo everyone else really want him up there banging them in he's too good a player to be sat in the bloody reserves at poxy spurs.