Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who the hell is designing our kits?

Is the strip we played in against Ebbsfleet a sneak preview of what is to come? It's dreadful, and I thought the new home strip was bad.

Who is responsible for the crap kits?

Comments

• Options
    Yes that's the away kit.
  • Options
    From the OS...

"The Addicks were resplendent in their new white and black away strip"
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Hardly gonna say, "The Addicks looked dreadful in their new white and black chav wear" were they?
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I couldn't give a bollox what the kit looks like it's the players who wear the kit who matter and how they play football in it.
  • Options
    I like it.
  • Options
    Charlton win the league in a pony kit - well bothered
  • Options
    I was not keen when I saw the photos, but seeing it for real has changed my opinion, I thought it looked pretty good.
  • Options
    It bothers me only in as much I like to see the kit(whatever it looks like) being worn with pride, apart from that I honestly couldn't care less as long as it doesn't look ridiculous and I can't say that football kits fall into that category.... do they?
  • Options
    hated it at first more i see it more im comin round to liking it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]I like it.
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]I was not keen when I saw the photos, but seeing it for real has changed my opinion, I thought it looked pretty good.

Only seen photos of yesterday but I agree looks better in battle. Its a bit like one of my old subbuteo kits
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perhaps given time my opinion will change, but for the time being I think we look like a conference side in both the home and away strip.
  • Options
    Also.. who really does design these football kits? Who approves these designs? We've had such good looking shirts in the past.
  • Options
    The kit will have been designed by Joma. Several options shown to the club and then they pick the one they want.
    It was said at City Addicks that Pardew really likes the kit (and he has a fair amount of influence over the choice of design).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]Perhaps given time my opinion will change, but for the time being I think we look like a conference side in both the home and away strip.

If you don't like the kit then fine but how do we look like a conference side? What exactly does that mean? We play like a conference side? We wear the same kit as a conference side?
  • Options
    I dont see what the problem is. Would you prefer a team of posers in a designer kit all looking good or a team that work hard and win in whatever kit they are told to put on??? I think win the league this year then get the poncey kit
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I dont see what the problem is. Would you prefer a team of posers in a designer kit all looking good or a team that work hard and win in whatever kit they are told to put on??? I think win the league this year then get the poncey kit

Spot on.

Mansfield are wearing an almost identical kit to Chelsea this season.

I have a bet it won't make them "look like a premiership side" other than perhaps in the squad photo. When the whistle blows they will still be Mansfield town
  • Options
    Can`t say that I feel that strongly about the kit . Home shirt is growing on me although not sure about away. We do however seem to be missing the point a bit. Of course it doesn`t really matter what the players wear but if the kit is unpopular with the fans then it won`t shift from the club shop which defeats the whole idea of having replicas in the first place. For this reason alone I think it is important enough for the fans to be involved in the selection process because they are the ones who will ultimately help the club to hopefully make a nice profit. This strip seems to have created more debate than previous and my gut feeling is that the kits won`t sell as well as in the past.
  • Options
    Part of the problem with the appearance of the design is the style of the sponsors logo. Two designs (of the logo on the shirt) were presented to the sponsors, they rejected the one the club preferred which was without the black block.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Can`t say that I feel that strongly about the kit . Home shirt is growing on me although not sure about away. We do however seem to be missing the point a bit. Of course it doesn`t really matter what the players wear but if the kit is unpopular with the fans then it won`t shift from the club shop which defeats the whole idea of having replicas in the first place. For this reason alone I think it is important enough for the fans to be involved in the selection process because they are the ones who will ultimately help the club to hopefully make a nice profit. This strip seems to have created more debate than previous and my gut feeling is that the kits won`t sell as well as in the past.
    Fair comment but i think if we win the first ten games straight evryone will be buying both kits and you'll be waiting for them to get orders in
  • Options
    uncle if we win the first ten games straight then i will buy the bloody shirt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]uncle if we win the first ten games straight then i will buy the bloody shirt.
    Ha ha see i told you
  • Options
    Spot on uncle.Surely shirt sales are linked to our success on the pitch. You only have to go into the club shop on a match day when we're doing well, to see that.
  • Options
    I agree with Kap10 its the black block on the logo which gives the kits a naff apperance. I thought the best logo we have had in terms of how it looked on the kit was the Redbus one,
  • Options
    The sponsors logo does seem have a lot to do with the appearance of the kit, we always seem to end up with that black background, blocky, plasticy type look(Allsports being one of them). But from a purely aesthetic point of view, neither the new home or away kit looks like a Charlton kit.

I don't know,maybe I'm not ready for the radical design, maybe I'm wondering if that sponsors logo will fall off and look cheap after a couple of washes like the Llanera one did, maybe I'll come round to them, but this is the first time I've looked at our first team kits and thought to myself, "urgh".
  • Options
    it's an effing kit - FOR KIDS.

Adults like us should only wear them on holiday to the beach.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]it's an effing kit - FOR KIDS.

Spot on Ledge, whenever you go on Holiday it's used to let everyone know your an Addick, I mean who wears them down the Pub only plastics who don't actually go to games, like Spurs & ManU fans !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]

I know its not en vogue, but it's a shame in my eyes. I think it would be great if wearing your teams colours become popular again. Look at the euros and the dutch, swedish sections etc and its fantastic seeing whole blocks solid in team colours.

Wearing colours has grown to be 'sad', mainly due to hoolies not wearing colours and labelling shirt-wearers as anoraks. By proxy, most normal fans following suit as they don't want to be perceived as sad.
  • Options
    Internationally yes I agree.
  • Options
    Ebbsfleets kit looks very 'us'
  • Options
    Didnt like either to start with, but warming to both of them now...didnt think the away looked too bad, but not enough red was my only comment when I was asked