Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jack Vaughan RIP

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
Died today 86 years old, Woolwich man , local historian, watchmaker and Charlton boy, much loved .
Ex Desert rat and Ardent Charlton supporter for most of his life, he was at both our cup finals .

Lovely man will be sadly missed, has been in a home/hospital for last few months, but last time i saw him he asked me whether I thought Pards had used too many players last year .......

RIP Jack

Comments

• Options
    Jack Vaughan of Eaglesfield Road?
  • Options
    R.I.P
  • Options
    yeah, he lived at Shooters hill until recently when he went into a home
    but he fell and broke his leg a little while ago, and has been in hospital for last few weeks.
  • Options
    R.I.P Jack , glad to have met you
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Very sad to read this.

Jack was a real gentleman of the old school. In the late sixties/ early seventies he and another chap, Don Ford, used to turn up in Shrewsbury Park on Sunday afternoons and organise a pick up game of football for whoever turned up on the day. I can see him now in my minds eye marshalling things from the back putting that bald head in where others feared to tread. I used to see him in the Red Lion back in those days from time to time and it was good to have a drink with him.

My condolences to the family especially his son Jeff who I used to play football with back in the old 10th Royal Eltham days.

RIP Jack.
  • Options
    Cheers Len
    I'll pass your words on to his daughters
    We used to take him up to the Bull in his later life and he would have a few barley wines and he would give me his views on the current charlton set up etc...to his regret he was too unsteady on his legs to go anymore , but i think if we had got to a cup final or europe he would have come..........at least he has seen us in a Cup Final . two in fact .........
  • Options
    Sorry to hear this sad news.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Didn't know him but he sounds like a true gent and British hero.

RIP