Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jerome Thomas to Derby....

edited July 2008 in Rumours
....possibly on a free transfer, is a rumour that i've heard is starting to filter up there.

Not something i have heard from a Charlton source i'll add, and i'm pretty sure we wouldn't be releasing him on a free.

Comments

• last year of contract, no goals last season, can't put in a decent cross, disillusioned, sulky, not a team player - they can have him for 250k.
  • Can't see it being a free unless he is on £20,000 p/w which I don't think he is.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]....possibly on a free transfer, is a rumour that i've heard is starting to filter up there.

Not something i have heard from a Charlton source i'll add, and i'm pretty sure we wouldn't be releasing him on a free.

I think we'd pay Derby to take him and its nothing to do with wages.
  • AFKA you really are starting some fires this morning!
  • I'd drive him there via Birmingham with Marcus Bent. Charlton will be a better place without them both.
  • [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]I'd drive him there via Birmingham with Marcus Bent. Charlton will be a better place without them both.

As much as i want rid of them both, can you imagine being stuck in a car with them two plebs for two hours?

i'd end up f##king killing them!
  • They already have Kris Commons from Forest

I'd like to keep JT if possible
  • [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]I'd drive him there via Birmingham with Marcus Bent. Charlton will be a better place without them both.

As much as i want rid of them both, can you imagine being stuck in a car with them two plebs for two hours?

i'd end up f##king killing them!

That was the idea.
  • Well I've just heard Pardew praise him to the hilt this morning on "Addicks audio"? Doesn't sound like he'd want him to leave but then as he mentioned on there some of the sales we'll see "are forced" so who knows?
    It bothers me how some fans are so happy to see some of these players go. Sure I would be in favour as well if better quality players were coming in, but looking closely at recent history that hasn't happened. and is unlikely to with our current resources.
  • Rather we kept him, the only left sided winger we have right now isn't he? Unless you count Basey.
  • Sponsored links:

• he wouldn't sign a new deal and has little left on his contract, aside from his other issues, that is why I'd be pleased to see him go..

:)
  • If we could've afforded to keep him I'd like to have kept MB.
    But JT is a useless showboater imho.
  • Heard from the Ebbsfleet mascot that he played really well and looked up for it........I know it was Ebbsfleet before anyone starts ;)
  • *the owner of Sinatra's, Puerto Banus prays he stays*
  • "could have been a contender" will be on his grave stone.

Rather have someone who actually look like he wants to play for us and not thinking about what pair of shoes he will be wearing in the club that nite. Hope he goes couldnt give a f**k where.
  • For all JT's shortcomings & there are several for a so called 'Class' winger, he should never be allowed to go for nothing, which is why I do not think this story is true.
  • For a talented Prem winger he really was poor last year. He needs either a kick up the arse or a kick out the door.
  • can't see him joining another Championship club and neither should he be allowed to..
  • [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]can't see him joining another Championship club and neither should he be allowed to..

Couldn't agree more mate - he's too good to go for a free

The really annoying thing is that he could be absolutely brilliant in this division
  • There has been some confused chatter on line about whether he was out of contract. I suspect the rumours spread from that. Frankly I'd have sold him last year and bought somebody else in but selling him now doesn't make much sense unless Pards thinks that the youngsters like Wagstaff are going to threaten his place, or if Bonking Bent wont/doesn't go. I can't see us selling him for nix though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just text my man in the know at Derby, his answer was "Don't think so."
  • the mascot at Ebsfleet needs to take his comedy head off and get a proper view if he thinks Thomas played well
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]he wouldn't sign a new deal and has little left on his contract, aside from his other issues, that is why I'd be pleased to see him go..

:)

If pards has finally worked oout how to motivate him then keepotherwise he would not be worth keeping
  • My take on Thomas is that even when he 'looks' good(usually somewhere around the halfway line), he in fact rarely comes up with the goods i.e. a goal or a half decent cross.
  • I reckon Thomas is key to our season. A fully commited Thomas on form will be a massive player for Charlton. Although we still need a playmaker in middle of the park to bring him into game further upfield in more dangerous positions instead of picking ball up on half-way line. We cant afford to sell him, we dont have anyone to replace him or the money too
  • edited July 2008
    The only positive for Thomas is his performance against west ham and what a positive
  • [cite]Posted By: Mr-Invisible[/cite]I reckon Thomas is key to our season. A fully commited Thomas on form will be a massive player for Charlton. Although we still need a playmaker in middle of the park to bring him into game further upfield in more dangerous positions instead of picking ball up on half-way line. We cant afford to sell him, we dont have anyone to replace him or the money too

If you're right then God help us all!
  • [cite]Posted By: Mr-Invisible[/cite]I reckon Thomas is key to our season. A fully commited Thomas on form will be a massive player for Charlton. Although we still need a playmaker in middle of the park to bring him into game further upfield in more dangerous positions instead of picking ball up on half-way line. We cant afford to sell him, we dont have anyone to replace him or the money too

I said exactly the same last season, however I won't be making the same mistake twice!
  • I'm with Ketman here, he is to all intents on paper a quality wide player, however I also think that maybe he is better suited to the game and ofiicialling (spelling) in the prem than our current level as he can be a good outlet at top tier but not so effective at our level. As much as people don't like his attitude or percieved attitude he is a talented player who is worth a shite site more then nothing.

Just a shame he needs a big slap in the tits to do it
  • [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Just text my man in the know at Derby, his answer was "Don't think so."

I did stress that it was not something i had heard, just a rumour i had seen circulating up there. I don't fully believe it to be honest.