Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where oh where do we

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
unearth another Johhny Robinson, how we could do with someone of his character and will to win right now to galvanise the dressing room.
Not the greatest player skill wise ever to pull on an Addicks shirt but I'd have him my all time Addicks team any day.

Comments

• Options
    Jonathan Ackworth is on the case, he is now chief scout for non league talent, Fleetwood, Canham ect..
  • Options
    I think he improved with age and was a worthy premiership player in the end. Loved his ranting at the refs.
  • Options
    Wes Hoolahan reminded me of Robbo......Oh bugger we missed out
  • Options
    Every successful team needs a Johhny Robinson character.
  • Options
    Funny that Robinson was not a big hit when he first came. Had to replace Lee and didn't shine. Got injured as well as was seen by many as a headless chicken with lots of passion but little skill.

I remember Rock Spectacle saying that if you merged Robbo (Johnny) and Robbo (Mark) you'd have one good player.

Later on he became a firm fan fav but not straight away.
  • Options
    It's true - he actually gave a crap about the result rather than just his wages. Bit like Garry Nelson too.

Rare as a rocking horse poo if you ask me!
  • Options
    Never looked as is he was enjoying himself though... he always had a long face.