Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

8th August 2006

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
One of the darkest days in recent Charlton history?

Oh Gawd!

Comments

• Options
    Why Offy? Why oh why oh why would you do that?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Why Offy? Why oh why oh why would you do that?!

The honest truth? For some reason I just Googled "Djimi Traore" - don't ask me why, I'm drunk! - and there was a link to that story.

Jeez, did we REALLY sign them both on the same day???
  • Options
    Offy, you have the whole of the internet at the click of a button...("Busty Blonde Babes, etc"). You however chose to Google Djimi Traore, you my man need to see someone! Either that or give up the booze! There's simply no excuse!
  • Options
    And, to be fair, the quote attributed to Dowie is just priceless.

Who was it on here that kept banging on about him being able to "do a job for us in this division"?

I think his work was well and truly done when he went. We're still feeling the effects 2 years later - and likely much longer than that too.
  • Options
    BTW i'm with you that it was a dark dark day! I also agree that Dowie's spendings will take us a while yet to fully recover from.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Offy, you have the whole of the internet at the click of a button...("Busty Blonde Babes, etc"). You however chose to Google Djimi Traore, you my man need to see someone! Either that or give up the booze! There's simply no excuse!

Just stop for a moment to think how bad I feel about it.
    :o(

Now, what was that other site you were talking about?
  • Options
    its all too easy blaming Dowie IMO.

Its been exaggerated, and a convenient excuse.......
  • Options
    Exactly AFKA - we all know it was Andrew mills who has been to blame for our demise
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]its all too easy blaming Dowie IMO.

Gonads - he signed Faye AND Traore IN ONE DAY. Guilty as charged.
  • Options

Sod him AFKA i'm at work and I'm blaming Dowie for that as well. I'm blaming Dowie for Global Warming, the Credit Crunch and Knife Crime also. So there you go people you got problems...BLAME DOWIE!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]

Gonads - he signed Faye AND Traore IN ONE DAY. Guilty as charged.

LOL That's got me chuckling at least!
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/5027750.stm

surely this was worse, look like a rabbit in the headlights.
  • Options
    "We're delighted to have made two quality signings, and they will both improve our first team squad," said Charlton coach Iain Dowie.

Opinion is always subjective, Mr Dowie ..........

Bolton and Fulham also expressed an interest in signing the player before Traore opted to sign for the Addicks.

There but for fortune ..........
  • Options
    I like the quote on the BBC website regarding Dowie's appointment.......it reads....

"Dowie is the right man for the Charlton job. I'm now very excited for next season"

Note the name associated with the quote - it's CL - does this stand for Charlton Life? Is it AFKA?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]"We're delighted to have made two quality signings, and they will both improve our first team squad," said Charlton coach Iain Dowie.

Opinion is always subjective, Mr Dowie ..........

Bolton and Fulham also expressed an interest in signing the player before Traore opted to sign for the Addicks.

There but for fortune ..........

Why is it Jon Fortune's fault we signed Traore?:-)