Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Forward Line in Championship ?

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
Birmingham ?

Jerome, Phillips, McSheffrey, McFadden, O'Connor, a tosser

covers all the bases, strength in depth, should score loads between them

Comments

• Options
    Varney, Iwelumo, McLeod, Todorov, Gray should also have scored shed loads between them but they didnt!
  • Options
    and a decent midfielder in Carsley too.

They will be there or thereabouts I reckon come May.

I do hope someone proves me wrong in 10 months time!!
  • Options
    They are deffo gunning for promotion at the 1st attempt HOWEVER.....

McFadden might be off
    Benty is poop
    Phillips is very old
    Jerome is not living up to his potential (though I would love it if we got him 2 years ago)
    McSheff is a good
    O'Connor - WHO?

They shuold be in the battle for 2nd but we'll be 15 points clear by then
  • Options
    "15points clear" we can hope Swisdom and we hope your right i suspect tho u have a relative called Norman.
  • Options
    Birmingham is a very tough one to call. On paper they should be right up there, but as we found it doesn't really work that way.

None of the relegated clubs last season went back up. Its not as forgone as people expect.

Birmingham have the potential to win the league, but they also have the potential to seriously implode. There is still a lot of ill feeling simmering towards their board, and if they don't get a good start, their fans may really turn on them.
  • Options
    As things stand today, I'd take Reading's four - Doyle, Kitson, Lita and Long. They've been there and done it together in 2005/06 - That team scored 99 league goals and racked up 106pts..

A sale or two would change that, though.
  • Options
    Bets forward line this season will be Varney, Gray, Todorov
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Ebanks-Blake and Iwelumo could work. Not sure Wolves have much else to offer other than my namesake in midfield though

If Gray starts playing as he did at Burnley he will create a lot of chances for Varney and whoever is making the runs from midfield and with Toddy we have a real ace up our sleeve.
  • Options
    Reading lita Doyle and Kitson
  • Options
    Kitsons gone to Stoke aint he?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gray and Varney (with Toddy and Dickson/Fleetwood as back up)

best by far !!
  • Options
    Coventry not looking bad

Eastwood,Misfud,Morrison
  • Options
    Stoke, i will ask you one final time to please read and reply to your whispers. Thank you
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Stoke, i will ask you one final time to please read and reply to your whispers. Thank you
    Maybe he can't see whispers or whatever because of that underscore?

Even though i'm intrigued as to what will happen if does not heed this final warning!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Stoke, i will ask you one final time to please read and reply to your whispers. Thank you
    Maybe he can't see whispers or whatever because of that underscore?

Even though i'm intrigued as to what will happen if does not heed this final warning!

Take him out the back and give him a good pasting AFKA!

fight fight fight fight
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Ebanks-Blake and Iwelumo could work. Not sure Wolves have much else to offer other than my namesake in midfield though

If Gray starts playing as he did at Burnley he will create a lot of chances for Varney and whoever is making the runs from midfield and with Toddy we have a real ace up our sleeve.

They've got Kightly, who is quality.

I quite like the look of Vokes too, and Wayne Hennessey is a good 'keeper.

I think they'll do well this season.

I do agree with you about those three strikers though!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Varney, IWELUMO, McLeod, Todorov, Gray should also have scored shed loads between them but they didnt!

Didn't we just sell 'Big Chris'? ;-)

Brum's forward line does have an air of menace about it, but McFadden may drop out of that pack. They still have some firepower in them if he does go. McSheffrey is excellent at this level, though not so hot in the Top Flight.

If Reading leep their forward line together, they will be pretty dangerous too!

I've a feeling we may do alright up front this year too. Settled players in a (hopeffully) settled side, the likes of Varney & Gray will definitely get a few this season!
  • Options
    I honestly believe Gray and Varney could be a fantastic pairing for us.
  • Options
    Derby are trying to sign Marlon King on loan and Rob Hulse.
  • Options
    Derby may add Hulse & Marlon King to Ellington. All proven at this level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am really confident about Gray and Varney too, let's hope they get off to a terrific start.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]Derby may add Hulse & Marlon King to Ellington. All proven at this level.

Is there an echo echo echo echo here
  • Options
    Hulse & Marlon King to Ellington at Derby are all proven at this level
  • Options
    It's got to be Birmingham. McFadden, O'Connor and Phillips have all done well at a higher level. Jerome has a physical presence. No idea why they wanted old Mr Huffypants, really.
  • Options
    Looks like Marlon King is now favourite to go to Wigan. Good.
  • Options
    Doh ! I meant a new promoted side.