Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC Youngsters.

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
STEVE Gritt insists his promising graduates that burst into Alan Pardew's side so impressively last season have all of the attributes to get Charlton promoted.

http://www.bexleytimes.co.uk/content/bexley/times/sport/story.aspx?brand=BXYOnline&category=sportfootball&tBrand=northlondon24&tCategory=sportbxy&itemid=WeED16%20Jul%202008%2016%3A18%3A28%3A797

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    I think Bexleytimes and newsshopper are going to go head to head for Charlton news!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I think Bexleytimes and newsshopper are going to go head to head for Charlton news!

Bexley Times have lost their star Charlton columnist and they have Tottenham Hotspur listed in their menu so 2 - 0 to the Newshopper at the moment.
  • Options
    Bit of sense and realism from Gritty about Jonjo.

I hope some of those inclined to boo read that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I think Bexleytimes and newsshopper are going to go head to head for Charlton news!

Bexley Times have lost their star Charlton columnist and they have Tottenham Hotspur listed in their menu so 2 - 0 to the Newshopper at the moment.

What on earth is a Bexley/Kent Newspaper doing with news on a team in north london with no connection to the area.
  • Options
    I think our best hope is that many of the youngsters come up to scratch. On the plus side, this will be easier in the Championship than the Premiership. On the other hand, I do not see us having the money to sign too many star players that will get us to the Premiership. If we are going in that direction, it will be a case of getting there and buying a new team unless the youngsters become stars. Although we mustn't put too much pressure on these youngsters - they will develop at different speeds and with different levels of success - the temptation is going to be there to rely on them as that is our best hope. I see this season as an important season. I have mixed feelings about how it will go, but if the youngsters show promise and we can keep them, we could stop the slide towards Division 1 that so many relegated Prem sides seem to suffer from.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

What on earth is a Bexley/Kent Newspaper doing with news on a team in north london with no connection to the area.

Most of their readers are Spuds plastics ?...... got the shirt, never been to White Hart Lane but never miss a Spuds game down the pub?

:o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Bit of sense and realism from Gritty about Jonjo.

I hope some of those inclined to boo read that.

Right Len.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I think Bexleytimes and newsshopper are going to go head to head for Charlton news![/quote]

Bexley Times have lost their star Charlton columnist and they have Tottenham Hotspur listed in their menu so 2 - 0 to the Newshopper at the moment.[/quote]

What on earth is a Bexley/Kent Newspaper doing with news on a team in north london with no connection to the area.[/quote]

I can happily confirm there are no plans to follow our so-called rivals' desperation and set up a Chelsea or Man United section on newsshopper.co.uk in order to boost traffic. Unlike others we do only cover teams in our area : )