Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

why only one home game before season kicks off ?

i am always puzzeled why we only have one home friendly before the season starts......is this the norm for teams and what level do you have to be to have home games as the norm ie bigger clubs come to you......just may be good idea to have a few so club can hit the ground running...like the bar starf can then practise serving pouring beers before half time and get to know what a sausage roll looks like. rather than the normal shambolic first day......then again it is a tradition i guess.......im sure its down to money......then again it may be too dificult to arrange more than one as we seeem to struugle finding anyone wishing to play us

Comments

• Options
    fairly normal if I'm not mistaken in recent years, and more than likely something to do with modern demands on the pitch
  • Options
    You're not mistaken Razil
  • Options
    I can't remember the last time we had more than one home game pre-season, home games are a money spinner if you get good opponents, a warm day etc. As razil says the wear and tear on the pitch is probably the deciding factor.
  • Options
    (darn - this is Henry/Suzis job)
  • Options
    also i suppose it depends if you got a top name club playing.......just wondering if say div 1 sides play more than one.....and norm for champ above to only have one.....but guess pitch condition big factor
  • Options
    The last time we had two home pre season games was 2005 against Feyenoord and a Greek team whom I cannot remember the name off. All Greek to me!