Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SLP: Addicks enter Bougherra talks

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/sport.cfm?id=11052

Comments

• Options
    please no

enough have gone well except Faye
  • Options
    Nice slip....

Undisclosed now means £400k.................

If you believe everything in the press that is......
  • Options
    will be interesting to see if he plays agianst the mighty Gibraltan's tonight. This shouldn't really come as a surprise to anyone.
  • Options
    I expect this deal to happen but i'm still gutted about it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]

If you believe everything in the press that is......

I do. Always ; - )
  • Options
    good player even he he made the occasional slip. If he does go then that leaves us Hudson, Fortune and Semedo who is more of a midfielder.
  • Options
    Chris Powell - so good we released him twice?
  • Options
    James Collins would be a good buy. But I reckon West Ham would want about the same money as we're looking to get for Bougherra - and Collins would be on the same if not more £, so seems a bit pointless.

I wonder if Pardew will bring Sodje back on a perm deal?
    Would people on here be pleased with a CB pairing of Sodje and Hudson?
  • Options
    would be a mistake for 2 million, double it then maybe
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]would be a mistake for 2 million, double it then maybe

haha. Not worth more than about 2.5m imo and anyway when Clubs know you need to sell then you are not exactly in a position to demand top dollar.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    anyone getting the magic one for £2.5m is getting the biggest bargain since Sunderland got Reid for £3.5m
  • Options
    There's always the possibility that he wants to go...

The Coke Championship or La Liga...Hmmn. Tough choice, Bougy
  • Options
    I agreed fully on the Reid sale, sadly i can't with this one.

Bougy is still only, what 23 ? If he has as good a season with us as i think he has the potential to do, we would double or triple that valuation in a year.
  • Options
    "Theres only two Chris Powells"
  • Options
    Been having this discussion re Bougherra with Carter today. This sale will cause more problems than it solves. We will never be able to bring in anyone of anywhere near the same sort of quality with even the same amount of money. This deal is a huge mistake in my opinion, if he stays we have a balanced back four (Two young energetic full backs, a man mountain centre half & someone with a touch of class & pace). Our squad is bereft of really class, this sale only serves to underline we are in for a very average season.

Here's hoping that Betis when they realise how much money he is on completely crap themselves & pull out, cos wages wise they will struggle to match what we are paying him currently.
  • Options
    Everyone seems to be saying 'the club are making a huge mistake' but what if Bougerra wants to go?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Been having this discussion re Bougherra with Carter today. This sale will cause more problems than it solves. We will never be able to bring in anyone of anywhere near the same sort of quality with even the same amount of money. This deal is a huge mistake in my opinion, if he stays we have a balanced back four (Two young energetic full backs, a man mountain centre half & someone with a touch of class & pace). Our squad is bereft of really class, this sale only serves to underline we are in for a very average season.

Here's hoping that Betis when they realise how much money he is on completely crap themselves & pull out, cos wages wise they will struggle to match what we are paying him currently.

Football wise I completely agree but if the club really need to fill a financial void which is what is rumoured then Bougy is most probably the only player of any relative value.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Been having this discussion re Bougherra with Carter today. This sale will cause more problems than it solves. We will never be able to bring in anyone of anywhere near the same sort of quality with even the same amount of money. This deal is a huge mistake in my opinion, if he stays we have a balanced back four (Two young energetic full backs, a man mountain centre half & someone with a touch of class & pace). Our squad is bereft of really class, this sale only serves to underline we are in for a very average season.

Football wise I completely agree but if the club really need to fill a financial void which is what is rumoured then Bougy is most probably the only player of any relative value.

Or ZZ. But agree with what Brunello says for once : - )
  • Options
    not only that I think his sale would send out a very bad message to fans about our level of ambition, of course that depends who they then bring in..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

Bougy is still only, what 23 ?

he'll be 26 in October.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]. This deal is a huge mistake in my opinion, if he stays we have a balanced back four (Two young energetic full backs, a man mountain centre half & someone with a touch of class & pace)

Couldnt agree more. I am (hopefully) looking forward to seeing them build up an excellent relationship
  • Options
    Spot on Kets. I am sure Pards does not want to have to sell him, so we shall just have to keep our fingers crossed that the books are almost balanced and that Bougy hasn't got his heart set on a move to La Liga.
  • Options
    PS Anyone know if Stoke are still interested in buying JF?