Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bougy Out?

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
I don't think it is all doom and gloom if Bougy leaves us for the Spanish club. West Ham have loads of players on offer and Pards ought to know which are the best ones to get, if they will come to us. For instance, I would quite happily sell Bougy and replace with Gabbidon, although Gabbidon might be injured at the moment. Mullins would be a good asset and maybe Collins - doesn't he have red hair? We could have two ginghers at centre back!

Comments

• Options
    Both of these two spend a large percentage of their time in the treatment room. Collins and Gabbidon would be way out of our league financially. 3-4m each plus big wages. Mullins keeps cropping up, money talks and i dont think we have enough for him either.
  • Options
    Would Curbs help us out? Season long loan?
  • Options
    Must admit that I can't quite see all the fuss that's made on here about Bougherra - yeah he looked alright in a few games but has never reached the heights of his performances for Wednesday and is very inconsistent, so I say sell. Seems another centre half that lacks concentration and we've got enough of them already.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thewolfboy[/cite]Would Curbs help us out? Season long loan?

If the press is to be belivered that West Ham/Curbs need to cut the wage bill, then there is a possibility.
  • Options
    We need to keep hold of him if we have any chance of going up, unless he is replaced by someone of Prem experience or potential.
  • Options
    We would be made to sell him, even if we got 3mill for him who would we replace him with?

Fast, reads the game well, can play the ball out of defence, and good positioning.

No brainer for me to keep him
  • Options
    As much as I am a fan of Bouga, if he wants off then get shot get the fee that we paid for him and move on. This club does not need people playing for it who do not want to be a part of it. We have had too many over the past two seasons and need to learn from this.
  • Options
    Judging by some peoples rating of Bougherra on here and the apparent apocolyptical effect his departure may have on our team, I have come to the conclusion that I must've been watching a different team last season. I am therefore clearly an gatecrasher on here and will remove myself toot sweet!!!
  • Options
    Bougherra is still a little eratic to be a top class centre back but having said that I think playing in a decent back four he would be well worth trying to keep. He is to be honest possibly the only player we have who other teams would want and if we are building for a promotion push then you can`t afford to lose your better players. Will he go........nailed on yeah. Never showed any loyalty to Shef Wed when we came sniffing so expect him to leave soon. Don`t expect us to splash his fee on a replacement either imho.
  • Options
    Bougy is quick but not dominant in the air. He made several mistakes last year but not as costly as Paddy. He might improve this year if we can hold onto him. If he goes, the big question for me is, can Pards still attract good players to the club?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    my problem is that its gonna be exactly the same as we saw last seson with Diawra (Sp), lossing a key player to close to the start of the season.
  • Options
    be an interesting one for the Killer Clan if Collins comes from West Ham

he's a relation.............his Grandad is our Mum's cousin

having said that, think he's a tad injury prone..............so thats a given then ;-)
  • Options
    Betis have today paid 7m Euros for a midfielder from Toulouse after protracted negotiations. Now they know exactly how much they have left to sort out the Boogy deal. Bad feeling about this.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Make the buggers pay 7m Euros for a centreback from Charlton.

They know he's worth it.

Edit: With any luck, they might confuse Jonny Fortune with Boogy - they look just a bit similar.
    Forch is worth it, too ;o)