Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Friday Night Games

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
We use to play a lot of these in the 70s and after the palarse game at home last season i for one would rather have a friday night game rather than a sunday.Be interested if others had the same opinion.

Comments

• Options
    Used to love them, always seem to be good games. 6-2 against the Saints, what a game.
    Really good if your company operates a POETS day.
  • Options
    Not in favour personally. Friday night is "getting smashed after work night".
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Not in favour personally. every night is "getting smashed after work night".
  • Options
    Last time I think we did this was mid nineties against Tranmere, we won 3-1 and Jason Lee scored
  • Options
    I enjoyed them at the time as I played sport myself on Saturdays at the time.

However fans have been driven out of London and with work pressures and travel difficulties evening matches are not as easy to attend as they once were.

That said Friday night is certainly better than Sunday.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]Last time I think we did this was mid nineties against Tranmere, we won 3-1 and Jason Lee scored[/quote]

Tranmere also played a lot of home games on a friday night to try and boost attendances.

I would prefer a smattering of friday night games rather than the somtimes weird SKY say so kick offs.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I loved the Friday night games in the 70s - was a teenager and they were a great way to spend a Friday night with your mates. One of our lot used to sell pies round the perimeter of the pitch during games, on the way home we finished off what wasn't sold, lovely. I think my record was 3 pies and a pastie in one nite!
  • Options
    that saints game was great as was the brighton game 4-3 i think
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]that saints game was great as was the brighton game 4-3 i think

Brighton game was one of my all time favourites, but i'm pretty sure it was on a Tuesday night.