Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swansea sell out

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
Swansea confirmed yesterday that they have sold their full allocation and Charlton will not be sending them any more tickets. (Swansea site).

Comments

• Options
    Should that mean we should make the game all ticket to ensure no Swansea fans are in home areas?
  • Options
    the welsh invasion lol!
  • Options
    Reading about that guy in Chislehurst with the sheep I think they are already here!
  • Options
    odds on they would sell out really. Hope they behave themselves, they are almost as bad as their near neighbours
  • Options
    i would be surprised if we don't do the same there.
  • Options
    I would be surprised if we do. (So would Ooh ah)
  • Options
    1 man and his dog and a flock of sheep
  • Options
    looking forward to this
  • Options
    Didn't we beat them 6-0 at the Valley in the early 70's?
  • Options
    Here they come..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah 6-0 in about 73......we also beat Notts County 6-1 after they ran the game.....it was a bizzare night
  • Options
    I would really not be suprised to see trouble at this one. I hope not but i've seen this lot first hand almost every Saturday for 3 years - unless you're a jack then Swansea Town Centre was not a nice place to be on a Saturday evening.

(not that its that great during the rest of the week)
  • Options
    I can echo what wss has said, swansea a bit of a nightmare place to go, wss, my mate moved there and within a week of him being there he was on the door of that time and envy place, so a couple of weeks later me and another of our doorman mates went up there for a night on the town in this giant club, well it went off all over the gaff, with my 2 mates always pushing me to the back to keep me out of trouble, was a nightmare!!

Anyway just got back from swansea, was at the big guys wedding, and i can tell you i spoke to plenty of welsh there and i can safely say not one of them was a swansea fan! mental really
  • Options
    feck em lets not forget they are a bunch of Taffs in a new league and playing their first game of the season in the capital. Of course they will show in numbers as a show of strength to all London clubs.

2 nil to the Engrrrrland

will be echoing around the valley come the end of the 90

Taffs i shit em
  • Options
    Let the local farm yard animals worry. We shouldnt and wont.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]feck em lets not forget they are a bunch of Taffs in a new league and playing their first game of the season in the capital. Of course they will show in numbers as a show of strength to all London clubs.

2 nil to the Engrrrrland

will be echoing around the valley come the end of the 90

Taffs i shit em

interesting, you can tell that to my Charlton supporting, season ticket holding husband from North Wales.............don't fancy your chances much though................all the best of British dear fella!
  • Options
    The Welsh language name for Swansea is Abertawe.

My mate (Hamster Scamster fan) was at Uni there and always called the place Abertoire .......
  • Options
    Swansea did the double over us in the 79/80 season, we lost 1-0 at the Vetch & We Lost 2-1 at the valley in front of just over 3,500.
  • Options
    Saw both those games, Badger ...... I seem to remember it was a superannuated Ian Callaghan, exLiverpool legend, who scored their winner at The Vetch field with about 10 mins to go.

The Valley game is a bit hazy - people like Leighton Phillips playing for us, John Toshack their young manager or player manager, and they had a prolific Welsh goalscorer Alan Curtis, was it?

They were on the way to promotion to the real First Division from the 4th, and the next season had a cracking shot at the Title only to miss out, before the wheels fell off the next season.

Or maybe I've got it all wrong and really have gone foggy in the head .....?
    ;o)
  • Options
    I was at the 6 v 0 game. In a couple of weeks we beat them 6 v 0 and Notts County 6 v 2 .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    well they all live in london anyway.........
    does anyone remember playing swansea in the second tier at the valley as they were in freefall from first to fourth division (early eighties). i think they had jimmy 'the' rimmer in goal for them , previously of aston villa, i think we won 2 or 3-1 at a guess
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Saw both those games, Badger ...... I seem to remember it was a superannuated Ian Callaghan, exLiverpool legend, who scored their winner at The Vetch field with about 10 mins to go.

The Valley game is a bit hazy - people like Leighton Phillips playing for us, John Toshack their young manager or player manager, and they had a prolific Welsh goalscorer Alan Curtis, was it?

They were on the way to promotion to the real First Division from the 4th, and the next season had a cracking shot at the Title only to miss out, before the wheels fell off the next season.

;o)[/quote]

Remember they had a player Callaghan who played for them, we lost to them on the saturday and then we got beat on the following monday night 4-1 at upton park, same season we got relegated.
    Didn't win an away game all season.
    To make things worse we got spanked 6-0 at the reacecourse in the fa cup.
    We had a brilliant home shirt,OI SPONSORS WE WANT A DECENT SHIRT....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]I was at the 6 v 0 game. In a couple of weeks we beat them 6 v 0 and Notts County 6 v 2 .

I have a vague recollection that that peter reeves scored and the Referee and a linesman were also called reeves!!!!
  • Options
    this was the 6-0 night game against The Swans & Wasn't this ALSO a night game when Flash scored 4 and we beat county 6-1.
    Player of the 72/73 year was King Arthur Horsfield.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Badger[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Saw both those games, Badger ...... I seem to remember it was a superannuated Ian Callaghan, exLiverpool legend, who scored their winner at The Vetch field with about 10 mins to go.

;o)

Remember they had a player Callaghan who played for them, .

That was Ian Callaghan, who had been a major figure in Liverpool's early success in the 60's & 70's.He must have been at least 37 or so, a bit slow by then but hadn't lost his touch.

He;d even played for England a couple of times as a 35 year old. He'd played more than 800 matches for Liverpool and was finally let go to join his old Liverpool team mate John Toshack at Swansea.
  • Options
    Never been bothered by swansea before and i aint likely to start now
  • Options
    Think you're right Oggy, what a good memory you have.
  • Options
    Cheers, Badger ......... only problem, I can't remember who scored for Charlton that day at The Valley......... lol
  • Options
    was looking for a much bigger volume of response than just KB's Little sis didnt quite hapen though

I thought North Wales folks were just plastic scousers anyway and that makes him english.

Still Shite on the Taffs KB sorry and all that but the feeling between the welsh and english is still as bad as ever

no response from fatrob either seeing as he loves the jack army surprising
  • Options
    I'd put money on their being some sort of hassle on the day from them

(no, no insider knowledge either)