Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

mark robson

captains west ham towin the london masters

Comments

• Options
    Shame we stopped entering, I used to enjoy the masters. Been a few other ex-Addicks playing this year as well.

Mark Kinsella, Simon Webster, Tony Lange, Bob Bolder, Paul Walsh, Neil Redfearn, Jason Lee and probably a few others (didn't see the Palace games so probably a couple in their squad)
  • Options
    I dont think you 'enter' - you are invited. Watford were complaining that last time the took part a few years ago they got to the final and were unhappy that they were not invited back. I guess you will find they choose the Premier teams and then fill in with others who might sell a few tickets.
  • Options
    I miss the masters. I haven't followed it since we stopped playing in it.

When Liverpool have won it Bolder and Paul Walsh have been regulars and John Barnes was outstanding on occasions he played. I think he was also instrumental in the Watford side mentioned above. Rob Lee also did well for Newcastle in it.

Indeed we were kicked out when we were still a Premiership club. It was a bit shambolic , Mark Robson was due to play in the Charlton side once but was transferred to Spurs that day because 2 of their players had not shown up. he won player of the night as Spurs qualified.

I remember we were runners up in the first London one . A 55 year old Billy Bonds was outstanding defensively against some players literally 20 years younger. I seem to remember the two Walsh's Colin and Paul linking up superbly that night .

Alan Pardew had some good games for us and Mark Stuart looked outstanding.

Lets hope we can get back one day