Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Reid

edited August 2006 in General Charlton
Strange one.

Does that mean that:

1. One or two of our wide players will be moving on ?
2. He intends to use on of them in a central role ?

the squad seems unbalanced to me at the moment.

Comments

• Options
    Definitely one from out of the blue. We could have expected Routledge, for example (which would have been another winger as well, but one we know Dowie knows well) but not Reid. A couple of years ago, had we signed Reid from Forest, it would have been a big deal. He has the skill and potential, but surely we need some central midfielders. Unless, as you say, Reid is to play there.

Or are another one or two on their way?
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    If our midfield is unbalanced then the tub of lard that is Andy Reid could just be enough to tip it over the edge.

What this says to me is that Dowie is not convinced that Thomas and Romm are going to cut it this season and he is looking at other options.
  • Options
    As i said in my article, really wouldn't be suprised if Romm is shipped out before the transfer window closes.

Be very interesting to see if he starts tomorrow
  • Options
    AFKA I was having a conversation with my Dad this week about how things are going with New manager etc I am told that the players are absoloutely loving the training, apparently it is far more professional than before. Secondly I asked about all these new players coming in particularly wide players. Well if anyone is going you can rule out Rommedahl apparently he is one of Dowie's favourites & Rommedahl think's Dowie is far more professional than Curbs ever was. You never know we may see the real player we bought a couple of years ago!
  • Options
    I really hope so Ketman, i just don't think Romm has the desire in him to perform for 90 mins, every week.

Here's hoping for a start of a new era brings out the best in him. If Romm reaches top form, then he is the sort of thing i'll pay good money to see.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]I really hope so Ketman, i just don't think Romm has the desire in him to perform for 90 mins, every week.

Chalk that one up AFKA!!!
  • Options
    jesus that really confused me... i read it thinking what has been said about andy reid...
    then the one of dowie's favourites quotes!!!

crikey you have dragged that one up. had to read it twice till i noticed the dates!
  • Options
    Me too. Ban this foul practice.
  • Options
    Everyone seems so much more polite in their posts a year ago - what happened??? (Apart from the 'tub of lard' comment...)