Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Team for Swansea

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
assuming no one in or out.

Weaver
Moto
Bougie
guy ex palarse
Crab man

Smedo

Jon Jo
Holland
Bassey

Varney
Grey

Subs Elliot, Fourtune,Ambrose,JT,Toddy

Its not a total disaster but is it strong enough ? midfield it still not right and i can see us being muscled out of a good few games. Id play Smedo in front of back four.

Comments

• Options
    Moo2Kill is suspended
  • Options
    FFS were going down and we aint kicked a ball. doomed doomed doomed.
  • Options
    If Thomas is around I'd start with him, Ambrose still recovering think, so Waggy on the bench. Boughie at RB and Fortune in the centre, in the absence of Moo2.
  • Options
    Ambrose hasn't been ready to start pre-season training yet, so won't see him for another couple of months at least.

Lloyd Sam at RB?
  • Options
    weaver,
    Semedo RB
    Youga LB
    Hudson
    Fortune
    Thomas RW
    Basey LW
    Holland
    Jonjo
    Gray
    varney
  • Options
    tell ya what GH that ain't a bad team.
  • Options
    Not sure about Basey as a left forward midfield. Little or no pace imo
  • Options
    Adam, I think that's a very good shout, assuming Boogieman goes & JT is unsaleable - whether Pards would start him on the right, I don't know.

I quite like the idea of Youga & Basey playing in tandem, in the same way that Powell & Konchesky did a while back.

And if Jonjo couples up with Holland, that's a reasonably balanced combination in centremid, leaving Semedo to fill in for Moo2 at RB.

Gray & Varney pick themselves at the moment.
  • Options
    If Jon Jo can last a full season without geting done by the carthorses in this league and if Holland`s legs last.
    Crab Man is bound to go headless at least once. Moto wasnt that good when he finally got over his injury.

"hi Earl" "hi Crab man" swear i saw (herd) Crabmans Mrs down ASDA.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Gray & Varney pick themselves at the moment.

Really? Varney I agree with but I am unsure about Gray, really hasn't done enough yet imo. Assuming he is fit i would start Toddy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Not sure about Basey as a left forward midfield. Little or no pace imo

Youga playing behind Basey and overlapping provides the cut & thrust, Basey dropping back to cover.

Basey is very solid, good ballwinner, good first touch, good distribution, football intelligence & guile, great free kick/corner, thunderous shot.

In my book, worth a run for a few games to see if the Youga/Basey combination works. Showed plenty of promise v Coventry, last game of last season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Gray & Varney pick themselves at the moment.

Really? Varney I agree with but I am unsure about Gray, really hasn't done enough yet imo. Assuming he is fit i would start Toddy

By all accounts, Toddy is not going to be quite ready for 1st match of the season.He's being very gently nursed through pre-season and Pards has said on the OS that they'll only play Toddy when they feel confident he's strong enough.

Now that he seems to have overcome personal issies and niggling injuries, Gray's contribution has looked valuable in the last couple of friendly matches, as he did in that last Coventry match, combining well with Varney. Pards would start him, I would think.
  • Options
    Weaver
    Semedo Hudson Fortune Youga
    Sam Holland Shelvey Thomas
    Gray Varney

Yassin suspended, Ambrose/ZZ injured/away, Bougy off. Maybe a place for Racon
  • Options
    How long is Yassin suspended for?
  • Options
    As things stand:

Weaver
    Semedo-Hudson-Bougherra-Youga
    Ambrose-Holland-Shelvey-Thomas
    Gray Varney

I think Moutaouakil was suspended for three matches which covered the last two games of last season and the first of this year.
  • Options
    Only for the Swansea game then it's YASSIN TIME!!!
  • Options
    Weaver

Semedo Hudson Bogherra Youga

Sam Holland Racon Thomas

Varney Gray

Subs: Elliott, Fortune, Sinclair, Basey, Fleetwood
  • Options
    Weaver
    Semedo Hudson Youga Basey

Sam Holland Shelvey Thomas

Varney Gray
    Subs: Elliott, Fortune, Racon, Fleetwood, Wagstaff
  • Options
    Weaver
    Majic Fortune Hudson Youga
    Sam Semedo Shelvey Varney
    Gray Dicko

Subs Fleetwood Racon Waggy Elliott Toddy
  • Options
    right now bougy gone time for a rethink

elliott (don't think weaver's gonna make it)

moo200 fortune hudson youga

sam shelvey holland if fit basey

varney and gray
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Moo2 is not a good right back, I wish he was but let's face it, he's not.
  • Options
    Gerkin
    Semedo Hudson Balde Youga
    Thomas Shelvey Basey Etherington
    Varney Gray.
  • Options
    Personally I think our team suits the diamond formation - especially with Youga and Moo2 as wing-backs. Basey can sweep up in front of the back 4 and maybe provide wing back cover (his distribution is superb and he can pick a pass)

Shelvey and Racon are both going to be energetic and creative in the middle.

ZZ or JT or even Ambrose behind the front men should be effective. Good movement and flair in there.

Gray and Varney....well all I can say is if they can click together then that is a fabulous forward line. It's a big IF at the moment though.

Elliott
    Semedo / Moo2 - Hudson / Fortune - AFKA's secret signing - Youga
    -----------------Basey------------------------------
    ------------Shelvey - Racon
    -----------------Thomas / ZZ / Ambrose
    Varney - Gray

Subs - Plenty to choose from- Holland, Ambrose, Sam, Fleetwood,Dicko, McLeod, Waggy, Fortune

I personally think thats a very strong team in this division - also fairly young. Great mobility. A few unknown quantities. Also seems exciting to me!
  • Options
    at the rate its going we will have to call off the game due to lack of players.
  • Options
    the team 100% is

anyone with a pair of goal keeping gloves who turns up.

Smeado Hudson Fourtune Crab man

Sam Jon jo Racon Bassy

Varnie Gray

subs. anyone with a goal keepers top, Thomas, fleetwood, Pardew and the tea lady

the tea lady may not be there as she has expressed a wish to go work at Macro.
  • Options
    Weaver

Semedo
    Hudson
    Fortune / A N Other
    Youga

Thomas
    Shelvey
    Racon
    Basey

Gray
    Varney
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Personally I think our team suits the diamond formation - especially with Youga and Moo2 as wing-backs. Basey can sweep up in front of the back 4 and maybe provide wing back cover (his distribution is superb and he can pick a pass)

Shelvey and Racon are both going to be energetic and creative in the middle.

ZZ or JT or even Ambrose behind the front men should be effective. Good movement and flair in there.

Gray and Varney....well all I can say is if they can click together then that is a fabulous forward line. It's a big IF at the moment though.

Elliott
    Semedo / Moo2 - Hudson / Fortune - AFKA's secret signing - Youga
    Basey

Shelvey - Racon
    Thomas / ZZ / Ambrose
    Varney - Gray

Subs - Plenty to choose from- Holland, Ambrose, Sam, Fleetwood,Dicko, McLeod, Waggy, Fortune

I personally think thats a very strong team in this division - also fairly young. Great mobility. A few unknown quantities. Also seems exciting to me!

Been saying for ages that i think that a midfield diamond would suit us. I'd love to see that team start but don't think that Pardew would ever go with it.