Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What would be a good next season for you?

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
I imagine most people would say an automatic place back to the Premiership, or at the very least a play off place.
For me I would just like to see some good entertaining football, to see people around me enjoying it a bit more, and see us really get behind the team like we used to.
I also really hope Pardew has got some players who really want to play for this club, and that we see the gradual emergence of a young team for the future.
For me, if we were in the rebuilding phase( which I think we very much are) then a play off place where we saw real progress through the season would be ok for me.
Aiming high enough or is that way too low for you?

Comments

• Options
    On the Pitch: Playoffs
    Off the Pitch: Promotion
  • Options
    Avoiding relegation!
  • Options
    some good football all season, just like we played against coventry. therefore it shows that we do have the skill and a good team, and if we do fail to get into the playoffs it's because there were better teams than us, not because we are sh!te.

oh, and promotion too
  • Options
    I) Promotion...

2) Seeing the likes of Shelvey etc come through and Varney and Gray forming a good partnership.

3) Playing attractive football with a settled side, the nucleus of which will be around for awhile.
  • Options
    Promotion.
  • Options
    Looking like a football team again.
  • Options
    To do what Cardiff did last season
  • Options
    Stoke breaking the record Derby set this sean and us passing them.
  • Options
    Pardew out by October

Kinsella/Brown/Powell dream team combo and getting my Charlton back.

Dont care where we finish.

And beating Palace twice.
  • Options
    Good cup run! Only joking, I never expect that. I'd be disappointed if we don't make the play offs though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Play offs as a minimum I would say, and the double over the nigels again, then I'd be happy.
  • Options
    Being able to enjoy a Saturday night take aways, not sitting there with the hump after another lackluster display.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 3blokes[/cite]I imagine most people would say an automatic place back to the Premiership, or at the very least a play off place.
    For me I would just like to see some good entertaining football, to see people around me enjoying it a bit more, and see us really get behind the team like we used to.
    I also really hope Pardew has got some players who really want to play for this club, and that we see the gradual emergence of a young team for the future.
    For me, if we were in the rebuilding phase( which I think we very much are) then a play off place where we saw real progress through the season would be ok for me.
    Aiming high enough or is that way too low for you?

Exactly my thoughts. I just want to enjoy watching a match every week and think that was a good win or well we may have lost but it was a great game to watch an we played some decent stuff. As opposed to the "phew lucky we held on there or we were lucky it wasn't not more or oh is it over, fell asleep at half time."

I know we have to get back to the prem and then spend a season getting hammered but before then can we have some fun please.
  • Options
    Promotion
    Good football
    Fans getting behind the team
    Fans staying to the end
    Palace fighting relegation
    Palace mob get attacked up at Maize Hill by a group of WI ladies and run
    Price of beer inside the ground does not go up
    They ditch Wimpy and get Kebabs in
    Bombairder on Tap
    Me and the 2 freaks dont get leftbehind anywere this season
    Ginge gives up his fetish for lightbulbs
    Young Un starts getting a round in

Not a lot really im easy pleased
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Promotion
    Good football
    Fans getting behind the team
    Fans staying to the end
    Palace fighting relegation
    Palace mob get attacked up at Maize Hill by a group of WI ladies and run
    Price of beer inside the ground does not go up
    They ditch Wimpy and get Kebabs in
    Bombairder on Tap
    Me and the 2 freaks dont get leftbehind anywere this season
    Ginge gives up his fetish for lightbulbs
    Young Un starts getting a round in

Not a lot really im easy pleased

Theres a flaw in your statement, no palace mob comes near charlton or even sellout park, they prefer Lewisham, Greenwich, Blackheath & Sydenham, Maze Hill would be far too close for their liking.
  • Options
    Get myself more organised for away trips........just sneak promotion....and not cafc but southen and carlisle make it up so we can play them......

Pie and mash instead of burgers......

and amazing u turn beers alowed at seats............or at least the dreaded bottle tops allowed in seats...

and finally the 1.16 train from dartford being on time and not the every week 4 5 6 minutes late...sure driver is a nigel

Pards giving varney a good run...
  • Options
    Good Attacking Football that is easy on the eye.

Handing out a few thrashings, been a while since we really thumped someone.

Make the Valley a Fortress again, with a happy home crowd.
  • Options
    A season where we get a team who want to play for charlton , not just for the money
    getting rid of Thatcher, Bent, etc is a good start
    a mix of youngsters with good pros like we had before , start by cloning steve brown , robinson, kinsella and rufus
    happy days
  • Options
    WANTS
    Exciting passing football, plenty of goals and action.
    Emergence of some great youngsters (Shelvey, Waggy, Basey, Elliot) and unearthed talent (Moo2, Racon, Fleetwood)
    Making the Valley an intimidating place to come as opposed to a nice day out!!

DO NOT WANT
    That long-ball-dross we saw last season, and the one before that!
    Pards spinning EVERYTHING into a positive - sometime we need you to call a spade a spade and not sugar coat stuff
    Fans not booing if we are not 3-0 up after 15 mins (the height of arrogance)
    Pards not rounding on the fans if we do voice our opinion (remember who pays your humungous wages)
  • Options
    A steady defence. A creative and hardworking midfield.Forwards that bury chances when they come along.

Reckon this would make for an entertaining season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    100 points and 100 goals would do me nicely.

Thank you
  • Options
    Winning most of our home games, with a few games like the Coventry one.
    Two or three youngsters establishing themselves.
    Varney, Gray, Toddy getting 35+ goals between them.
  • Options
    Also

I want a invite to one of Pards party's