Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Open Day - October 1988

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
Trying to upload the programme, anyone go along to this ?

Comments

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    lol
  • Options
  • Options
    I have only been to one open day and that was when Alan Mullery was manager. I have no idea when it was (as I have the memory span of a goldfish) but I did take some pictures.
  • Options
  • Options
    I was there that day, the club made a big thing about having a ‘base’ in Greenwich, as if a training ground could make up for the loss of a ground!
  • Options
    Like that AFKA.

Richard Collins is my mate Bob's old man, lives just round the corner from me in Sundridge Park. See him about quite a bit, looks a wee bit different now.

Still has a CAFC sticker in the back of his Roller though :0)
  • Options
    I used to work with his daughter years ago - around 1987 in the city.
  • Options
    What, no moan? Surely there's something about her you can moan about?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I went to that, remember chatting to Paul Williams in the dressing room area, he was a nice fella, and if I remember rightly, Colin Moynihan and Karl Howman were there???
  • Options
    I have pictures......I'll get them uploaded tomorrow.
  • Options
    amazing how the female celebs managed to play 5 a side whilst parachuting down to sparrows lane! who played in the celeb match??
  • Options
    Doesnt it make you feel queasy seeing the address as Selhurst Park on that program...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]amazing how the female celebs managed to play 5 a side whilst parachuting down to sparrows lane! who played in the celeb match??

if it's the one i went to i think steve rider was involved

i like the 'womens england international team demonstration match refereed by peter shirtliff'
    i heard he was quite handy at keeping women in control ;-)
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Is this the one where Lennie Lawrence was commentating the 6-a-side game and said "Richard Collins has just disappeared up his own arse"..

If so, I was there..
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Here we go. Found the picture my dad's mate took of us with Lennie.
  • Options
    cracker mate, ever see anything of those two ?
  • Options
    Not since we left school.
  • Options
    I had that club tie Lennie is wearing, used to wear it with pride in the late 80's with my blue blazer and cream chino's.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    did they launch the valley gold membership, that day?
    if so, i was no. 0052!
  • Options
    Valley Gold was launched at the Open Day the following year.
  • Options
    Great memories, I went to this as the training ground was down the road to where I lived.
    I entered the under 10's penalty competition. I scored two out of three and I was then invited to take penalties on the pitch before the QPR game.
    This was my first ever live game and the start of my love affair with Charlton