Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So, is Bouggy now staying ??

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
after appearing to be off, and not in the initial squad for tonight, he suddenly appears and puts in a much needed 90 minutes at Dover. So have Betis lost interest ? Are negotiations continuing ? Has someone here shown interest ? Or is he now staying ? Perhaps Tel may have done a bit of sleuthing tonight.

Comments

• Options
    he did turn up late though compared to the rest of the squad...
  • Options
    complete joke if you ask me.

Nothing has been heard of him all pre-season - hasn't touched a ball in anger since they returned on July 1st & suddenly he 's playing 90 mins at dover when he wasn't in the squad announced by the os today.

utter shambles - just like last year with diawarra.

ps - one in the eye for henry & his followers who trust the OS to give us the facts.......yeh, right !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]complete joke if you ask me.

Nothing has been heard of him all pre-season - hasn't touched a ball in anger since they returned on July 1st & suddenly he 's playing 90 mins at dover when he wasn't in the squad announced by the os today.

ps - one in the eye for henry & his followers who trust the OS to give us the facts.......yeh, right !

How unusual for you to put a negative spin on it.

He was allowed to miss the first part of pre-season training having played a couple of internationals for Algeria in the close season and then speculation over his transfer meant that he was rightly left out of the match-day squads for Bromley, Gillingham etc. Why give match experience to a player you are about to sell? You are better off playing Semedo/Youga etc and giving them experience of playing CB.
  • Options
    Why attack the OS in this situation?

They are given a teamsheet to publish mid-afternoon - later a decicision is made to include a player possibly arriving back separately from the main party.

So even if you are surprised at the obviously late decision to play Boogie, Golfie - why always fabricate
    some negative claptrap ?

You always do.
  • Options
    you don't risk an asset you are possibly selling, on the same point I don't see why we aren't up front about these and a lot of other things, perhaps its viewed as unsettling for the team and or fans. I'd rather know the truth personally than be treated like an eejit as it can sometimes come across.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]complete joke if you ask me.

ps - one in the eye for henry & his followers who trust the OS to give us the facts.......yeh, right

All this was explained on the OS a while ago Golfie. You should try reading it some time
  • Options
    Is Golfie being a prized twat again?
  • Options
    I dont think he would have featured if anybody was interested in him to be honest. Happy for him to stay if he is in the right mindset...as I said he looked a bit ring rusty, but is obviously a talent and superbly fit. No sleuthing last night...Pardew wasnt there by the way, just Parky and Kins. No sign of Faye either....it would seem that he has been frozen out.
  • Options
    I might have misheard this so don't hang me out to dry if I'm wrong but I thought they said on the radio this morning that the African Nations' Cup is November.

If that is correct then prospective buyers may simply be waiting until January to take him.
  • Options
    African Nations is at the end of Feb/Early march
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And i think its every two years as well isnt it? So there wont be another one until 2010
  • Options
    Bloody BBC lying
  • Options
    tisk tisk tisk tisk no one checked the info then ? would have thought that peeps would check these storys out be4 giving it on here (smiley face smug thingy)
  • Options
    Well it would seem that Betis agreed to pay the £2.5M asking price then starting taking the proverbial by offering a small amount upfront with the rest based on incentives. My Waggot appears to have decided to play hard ball & told them to Poke it...top man. Warming to the new guy already!
  • Options
    can still see this happening though. They signed a bloke from Toulouse yesterday after protracted negotiations. Just hope that it doesn't all happen too late towards the end of the window.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Well it would seem that Betis agreed to pay the £2.5M asking price then starting taking the proverbial by offering a small amount upfront with the rest based on incentives. My Waggot appears to have decided to play hard ball & told them to Poke it...top man. Warming to the new guy already!

Werent they struggling to match his wages?
  • Options
    Aren't we struggling to pay his 'Prem' wages........?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Aren't we struggling to pay his 'Prem' wages........?

Signed from Sheff Wed on very low wages relatively for Prem League, probably now one of our higher earners but nothing like the Bent Faye amounts that were a millstone around our neck.
  • Options
    So selling Boogie has not really been about getting him off the wage bill ........ but more about him being our most saleable asset, who'd fetch the highest fee?

And he wasn't sold in the end because Betis wouldn't put most of the dosh up front - and we wanted the £££££££'s now?
  • Options
    Ketters, you're our resident 'red under the bed' ........ where's Faye, and what do the club intend to do with him, if he's unsaleable this summer?

Faye has been conspicuous by his absence - and the silence in the press has been deafening.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Ketters, you're our resident 'red under the bed' ........ where's Faye, and what do the club intend to do with him, if he's unsaleable this summer?

From my understanding, Faye was training with another club, but i'm not sure if he is still there or this has been terminated.

Bottom line, we want rid, but at present there are no takers. I presume its hoped in the run up to the season starting / window closing, someone takes a gamble.
  • Options
    i believe if we could get rid on a free we would
  • Options
    The problem is, we can't force the guy out, we can't cancel his contract, we can't tell someone to buy him. We're stuck at the moment.

Looks like players can swan off their contracts regardless but their employers can't. Modern day football is great eh?

Reminds me of Winston Bogarde at Chelsea earning £40,000 p/w for 4 years without actually doing anything!
  • Options
    bit like your wages as moderator of this site.
  • Options
    We can pay him up - offer him a chunk of his wages up-front and hope he takes that and goes.

I think the real sticking point is that he's been named in the football corruption report. I really can't see any team taking him on with a potentially long and exhausting court case dangling over him. Would you sign a player knowing that he might have to miss a lot of matches/training and maybe even get jailed?
  • Options
    I m suprised Dowie does'nt want him at QPR, seeing as he thought so highly of him.
  • Options
    Even Dowie eventually realised he'd bought a lemon .........
  • Options
    fine him a years wages for being 'involved', even if its 2 weeks at a time...