Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

what is your run out music these days?

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
I've been to the valley once before and I'm sure your run out music was lust for life by iggy pop. Is this still the case? or did I dream it? If it is it's a great choice and only second in the football worlds run out choons after the swans who use white riot. Now how cool is that? will we also be treated to music if you lot score like they do in the USA.

Comments

• Options
    good save our gracious queen
  • Options
    "We all agree, robins are better than dragons"
  • Options
    thats as gay as cafc
  • Options
    The Iggy Pop one was used before in the build up to the teams coming out. For their arrival onto the pitch though, it has always been The Red Red Robin, and despite what others may feel, should always be that.
  • Options
    watch out the boss is in the house ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: double d[/cite]I've been to the valley once before and I'm sure your run out music was lust for life by iggy pop. Is this still the case? or did I dream it? If it is it's a great choice and only second in the football worlds run out choons after the swans who use white riot. Now how cool is that? will we also be treated to music if you lot score like they do in the USA.

I don't remember Lust for Life...at various times we've had the "Red Red Robin" and the Skid's classic "Into the Valley", which is still played in the build up. At one time we had "Let us entertain you", but the trading standards people put a stop to that.
  • Options
    yer we have the funeral march now
  • Options
    AFKA, I thought you asked for no more music threads?............oh I see...hmm... ;-)
  • Options
    Skids is used at half time. Yep Lust for Life was used for a few seasons, along with London Calling, then they changed to that opera stuff (by the way, anyone know what that is? - I hated it at first, but now it's grown on me). While we're on the subject, What are your favourite five Lou Reed tracks AFKA?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Skids is used at half time. Yep Lust for Life was used for a few seasons, along with London Calling, then they changed to that opera stuff (by the way, anyone know what that is? - I hated it at first, but now it's grown on me). While we're on the subject, What are your favourite five Lou Reed tracks AFKA?

What time to you get there Stig? Skids and London Calling is used before the start of the game as part of the "exciting and vibrant" big match build up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Born to Lose - Johnny Thunders
  • Options
    Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now - Smiths

;o)
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Seems to be a bit of confusion here if you're not an Addick reading this thread.
    We have 'always' run out to The Red Red Robin (the version we use was recorded by Billy Cotton especially for Charlton by the way)....the other stuff has merely been 'warm up' incidental stuff...our signature tune for about the last 60 years or so is The Red Red Robin.
  • Options
    Always look on the bright side of life
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: double d[/cite]will we also be treated to music if you lot score like they do in the USA.

If you mean:
    Will we also be treated to music if you lot score, like in the USA?: No, no, no, no ,no. It's crap

If you mean:
    Will we also be treated to music if you lot score like in the USA?: There won't be any noise because everyone will have fainted in disbelief at us winning 50 - 1.
  • Options
    we used fanfare of the comman man for sometime for sure, when we had the portacabins at the valley in '92

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OLWgrr671g
  • Options
    we used fanfare of the comman man for sometime for sure, when we had the portacabins at the valley in '92

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OLWgrr671g