Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Amdy Faye

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
right, where is he ? Two games this weekend, no Faye. If he's still with us then make him play. If he won't play then make him run along the touchline all game. If he refuses, dock his pay. If he's somewhere else then let us know. We surely deserve to at least know where he is, what he's doing etc etc.

Comments

• Options
    erm training elsewhere perhaps? Stoke was mentioned by someone weren't it?
  • Options
    he is on gardening leave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Yu-aYovwU&feature=related
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]erm training elsewhere perhaps? Stoke was mentioned by someone weren't it?

yeah, by me, cause a Stoke supporting colleague had heard that but that's not to say it's true just a rumour. Can't see the harm in confirming that if true or an explanation of where he is if it isn't.
  • Options
    Last i heard, he was dressign up as a fox and annoying people in South East london.....
  • Options
    true, if only Henry were here.
  • Options
    Boogie wasn't picked for games while the club were trying to sell him.
    So Faye won't be picked either if he's not expected to be with the club for much longer.

But what do we know?

Pards said on the OS a while back that MC Bender & Faye didn't figure in his plans for this coming season and he expected they would be sold.

Marcus has eventually gone - after the club spent half the summer tring to offload him.
    No reason to suppose they've not tried equally hard with Faye, but it's just not happened yet.

Especially, as he's probably sitting on his Prem contract.
    I blame Andrew Mills ......like everybody else (!)

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Boogie wasn't picked for games while the club were trying to sell him.
    So Faye won't be picked either if he's not expected to be with the club for much longer.

But what do we know?

Pards said on the OS a while back that MC Bender & Faye didn't figure in his plans for this coming season and he expected they would be sold.

Marcus has eventually gone - after the club spent half the summer tring to offload him.
    No reason to suppose they've not tried equally hard with Faye, but it's just not happened yet.

Especially, as he's probably sitting on his Prem contract.
    I blame Andrew Mills ......like everybody else (!)

;o)

Oggy - the voice of reason !! However, whilst we are paying his wages shouldn't he at least trot out for the ressies ? How can we expect a Club to buy him close to the start of the season if he isn't even fit. And what if he doesn't go. Will he sit around all season picking up his considerable wedge ?
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    The flip side of that is how can we expect a club to buy him if he's injuried from playing for the reserves?

Just because he isn't playing for us doesn't mean that he isn't training.
  • Options
    why doesnt the useless sack of sh*t do the honourable thing and fu*k off
  • Options
    Because if you were paid what he's going to be paid for the next 12 months, you wouldn't want your contract torn up either.

Bottom line: if we terminated his contract now, we'd be legally obliged to pay up the remainder of his contract up front

God only knows how much that would be - he's still on his Prem contract - and the club won't/can't find that money right now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I said elsewhere that I suspect the problem is his being cited in the football corruption report.

That has just gone to the CPS and there is the prospect that sometime this season he could be charged and that court proceedings will begin. Would you sign a player knowing that he might have to miss training and several matches to attend court? And you can be assured that any trial will take a fair amount of time and then if there's a guilty verdict there'll be an appeal and so on. Personally I wouldn't blame any team for not wanting to sign him with that hanging over him and having a lengthy and expensive court hearing means he'll need every penny of the money we pay him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I said elsewhere that I suspect the problem is his being cited in the football corruption report.

That has just gone to the CPS and there is the prospect that sometime this season he could be charged and that court proceedings will begin. Would you sign a player knowing that he might have to miss training and several matches to attend court? And you can be assured that any trial will take a fair amount of time and then if there's a guilty verdict there'll be an appeal and so on. Personally I wouldn't blame any team for not wanting to sign him with that hanging over him and having a lengthy and expensive court hearing means he'll need every penny of the money we pay him.

Equally if he has acted improperly perhaps his contract with us is invalid and we can either avoid shelling out any more or even recover some of what we've had to fork out.

Wishful thinking I accept!
  • Options
    He might go on loan though, defraying some of his wages costs.
  • Options
    Equally if he has acted improperly perhaps his contract with us is invalid and we can either avoid shelling out any more or even recover some of what we've had to fork out.

Assuming that Charlton can sack him for professional misconduct or whatever he'd have to be found guilty and I can't see any trial happening for sometime and anyway the offence occurred when he was signing for Portsmouth.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]He might go on loan though, defraying some of his wages costs.

That's probably the best we could hope for.

I can't see him signing for another club at what would be much lower wages, and in any case why should he?
  • Options
    Which is exactly the point I was trying to make above, BFR.
  • Options
    he played today in the grays match. didn't look interested at all from what i've heard
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]he played today in the grays match. didn't look interested at all from what i've heard

Are you sure? He wasn't in the squad.
  • Options
    Then cant we pay someone to kick lumps out of him and claim on the insurance?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]he played today in the grays match. didn't look interested at all from what i've heard

sure your info was right ? Could it have been Kevin Tunani the Bordeaux triallist who I'm told is a bit Faye like in stature.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Faye played against grays, my source told me he was shite.

Its on the OS.
  • Options
    Yeah Faye and Tunani both started in midfield.
  • Options
    They look like each other?

Double vision.
    2 Nani's .......or 2 Fayes?

;o)
  • Options
    you've got to feel sorry for the boy Tunani... comes over here and in his trial game he has to look as if he's dominating a midfield alongside that muppet

still, at least it wouldn't have been too hard for him to stand out!
  • Options
    Faye started for us and Tuani sub for him in second half had about 20mins. Faye totally anonymous in the game. The Grays supporters thought I was joking when I tolsd them he was earning more than the whole crowd put together. I think there is some irony in the phrase earning. I tell you now he would get into that Grays team, the best of are players seems to have been fleetwood followed by sam long one of are young players, otherwise a very poor show. The team seemed to no idea how to defend a ball in the air, they could not get oof the ground.