Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Keeping Faith in Pards and the Board

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
All this negativity about us not signing anyone yet. But if the Board went and splashed decent money on useless players ala Dowie's transfers (Excluding Reid) then we would all be totally fecked off. Lets have a bit of faith guys, we all know Pards wants to strengthen and I’m sure he will bring in the players he feels will be the right additions.

2 weeks left until the big KO and I’m sure with a new defender (or 2 depending on Bougherra) plus a midfielder and we will all be a lot happier.

Still think we will take Sodje off Reading’s hands as well as another out of the picture Prem defender.

I’m keeping panic mode off until the end of next weekend, if we haven’t made any signings by then.... I guess we can start to worry.

Keep the faith Up The Addicks!

Comments

• Options
    You are right of course but it's hard sometimes for most of us except Oggy.
  • Options
    agree to a certain extent with you cookie........but I'm starting to press the panic button a lttle earlier than you.

We all seem to know where we need strengthening but nothing seems to be happening about it. I know the club are not ones to shout about our purchases until the are paraded at The Valley wearing the shirt, but I'm sure most on here expected to see more movement than we've had since May.

2 ins of which one was really a switch (Hudson for Paddy) and a non-league striker - no change to the wide men and no change in the middle of the park. Unless Sam & Thomas are looking to travel to Damascus very soon I do not see how things are going to improve up-front. Their crossing is at best woeful and their shooting even worse - Varney is the only one who knows how to cross a ball.

we have then also lost the likes of Thatcher, Powell & ilweumo who all played a large part of last season along with the lesser lights of Bent, Gibbs & sankofa and not forgetting the loanees (Sodje & Halford) who contributed to half of last season.

so, if I seem depressed I think I have reasons for it.....agree ?
  • Options
    I fully understand all of your points Golfie and there is enough reasons to be depressed!

But: I'd sooner the club wait and bring in the right players than panic buy and take a big gamble. I think we're all in agreement that the squad just needs a few additions, and not a complete overhaul.

Pards said after the Ebbsfleet friendly that he wanted a few new faces in and for sure 2 defenders. I think we will start to see the ball rolling next week and the new players will arrive.

If we can add a decent midfielder to help out holland, a couple of defenders (Sodje +1 ) and maybe a winger to give JT and Ambs a kick up the rear were have enough in us, to be there or there abouts with any needed reinforcements coming in Jan.

We all know Pards is no mug and he's not going to go into the season with just the players we have now!

Im taking the positives of performances like those of Gray who is looking sharp and could make a real difference this year.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]

so, if I seem depressed I think I have reasons for it.....agree ?

I'd like to agree, Golfie, but seeing as it's you ........

just kidding mate ;o)
  • Options
    Tend to agree with Cookie and that we should just chill for a bit longer although I am a bit twitchy. I hope we strengthen at the back and in midfield but if the worse comes to the worse then I still think that with the correct style of play and a fair wind and a bit of luck we could, and I did say could still do ok.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cookierules[/cite]I fully understand all of your points Golfie and there is enough reasons to be depressed!

But: I'd sooner the club wait and bring in the right players than panic buy and take a big gamble. I think we're all in agreement that the squad just needs a few additions, and not a complete overhaul.

Pards said after the Ebbsfleet friendly that he wanted a few new faces in and for sure 2 defenders. I think we will start to see the ball rolling next week and the new players will arrive.

If we can add a decent midfielder to help out holland, a couple of defenders (Sodje +1 ) and maybe a winger to give JT and Ambs a kick up the rear were have enough in us, to be there or there abouts with any needed reinforcements coming in Jan.

We all know Pards is no mug and he's not going to go into the season with just the players we have now!

Im taking the positives of performances like those of Gray who is looking sharp and could make a real difference this year.

Cookie ...... the new voice of reason ;o)

You're bang on, mate. We're all aware the team is not complete, but the nucleus is there.
    If we get that elusive midfielder and get an end product from Sam/Thomas, we're a good way there.

And if we don't, well then we just have to roll up our sleeves and get on with it.
  • Options
    This panic button you all refer to: is it a panic about relegation to League One, finishing below mid-table, not finishing top six or not finishing top 2?
    Or have you taken out a mortgage and put all the money on us going up?
    You should all refer to your hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy more often.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]You should all refer to your hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy more often.
    The answer to our current predicament is going to be considerably more than 42! ;-p
  • Options
    'We all know Pards is no mug'

Cookie most definately does not rule.