Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carson Signs For WBA - What chance of getting Deano back?

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
I'd have him back without hesitation.

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2008
    Yeh, he had been performing well since he left us, Pompey, kept them up, not sure about his loan period at Luton. At WBA, he got a championship medal, what else can you ask for? However he doesn't score many goals. ;-o

He talked himself up about playing left midfield in 2002, let's see if he can walk the walk.

Not sure how Curb it would react?

This year he extended his contract with WBA until the summer of 2009, he may cost us.
  • Options
    i said this at the end of season that i had heard there was a chance of his return
  • Options
    deano is way past his best and in weaver we have one of the best keepers outside the premiership
  • Options
    I prefer to remember Deano as the legend he was.

I fear that memory would be tarnished somewhat if he returned.
  • Options
    I don't think he's passed his best Len. His performance recently for ROI was described as "world class" by a number of Observers. He was integral to WBA's promotion team.

Ohhahh, it's all about opinions but having seen them both at close quarters last season, I'd have Deano as first choice everyday of the week.
  • Options
    we have Weaver and two able deputies in Randolph and Elliot, is there any sense in bring back Deano and keeping either of those out of the reserves or getting the odd start?
  • Options
    Deano's a legend - agreed.

But we've already got a dependable experienced keeper with a fair bit of Prem experience behind him - and no reason why he shouldn't have a good number of seasons in front of him. Should we attain the miracle of promotion this season, we already have the keeper in place for the Prem.

If Deano should be signed, then you can bet your back teeth Weaver would be on his way.
    Surely we don't need to de-stabilise a key position which is apparently already sorted?

Rob Elliott has always been a dyed in the wool Charlton supporter, currently living the dream of playing for HIS club.
    Why deny him the chance to establish himself as the no. 2 keeper at The Valley?
  • Options
    I understand the point your making Oggy but it depends on whom you think is the better 'keeper. I think that Weaver is an adequate keeper only and Deano is above that.
  • Options
    However, if Weaver were to get injured in the warm up for the Brighton game, I would be very happy with Deano as a loan signing.
  • Options
    I wasnt impressed with what i saw of deano last year, baggie fans were'nt either, yes he was a total legend for us. I would rather see his dodgy kicks happening from the away end.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]I understand the point your making Oggy but it depends on whom you think is the better 'keeper. I think that Weaver is an adequate keeper only and Deano is above that.

Purely subjective of course, Bing - but Deano's 38 in October, and it's going to get harder& harder for him to remain consistant at his age. Doesn't mean to say he can't do it, though, jest gets harder for him.

West Brom don't see him as the future - and I'll be surprised Pards would either.
    He'll already consider that's he got a dependable experienced keeper, under 30 and capable again of playing in the Prem should the club actually get promoted.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Trapattoni obviously thinks deano still has it.

Not for me weaver is quality no need to undermine him after he had a good seasn- AND WHAT MESSAGE would it give to elliott
  • Options
    If there's one area we don't need to improve on it's in goal.
  • Options
    Maybe he could play centre-midfield...
  • Options
    Lol, rare humour, BFR. Nice one!
  • Options
    It all pie in the sky because I can't see us signing him when as many have said, our priorities lie elsewhere. I'll reserve judgement on Weaver until we see where we are later on in the season. There is much to admire about him - he is one big lump and a good shot stopper. If he can sort out his hesitation at corners and crosses, with a good understanding with his centre back pairing then he's a decent keeper. I always liked him even when he had a drop in form for the Massives earlier in his career. I just felt that he was too hesitant last season in a number of games.
  • Options
    Problem is Deano has too much League experience to be signed by us, now if he were to spend a bit of time in the Rymans!!!