Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kishishev is exactly who we need now.....

WSSWSS
edited November 2006 in General Charlton
.....maybe his passion and commitment may rub off on some of those other "Charlton" players.

I was totally embarrassed by the players on Saturday, just could not believe the performance.

How many set pieces do we need to create a chance?

On a seperate note, the "Charlton Yoof" were sitting in my vicinity on Saturday and it was horrible.

Made the match really uncomfortable for me in what they were saying, attacking our own fans for having no passion and not singing (and yes, we werent loud on Saturday), saying that we were all boring cnuts etc etc.

It was like Football Factory, 2 older fellas with a group of youngsters idolising them.

Shame there werent any spare seats around.

Comments

• Options
    M Bent made me sick the way he just went straight to the dressing room when sub was made!We never had anything to shout about!But i agree i don't need any spotty yoof telling me when to sing!
  • Options
    After Saturday I was convinved we are down already, but a look at the table shows that there should still be hope. We need Kish and we need Faye. We have to beat Everton to get our season back on track, we need fight and renewed vigour in the team. With a bit of luck we can put out a team like the following on Saturday:

Carson
    Young Diawara Hreidarsson Traore
    Rommedahl Kishishev Reid Faye(c) Thomas
    Dazza

I don't know much about Faye's character, but if he is up to it I'd give him the captaincy - because Luke doesn't (appear to) inspire the others, Faye is more central and being captain might inspire him to be consistently good - we need him to be at his best if we are to have any chance.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2006
    i don't think Young will be at Charlton next year if we stay up OR go down
  • Options
    I never thought I'd say it but I agree. He's the only one with any fight in him whatsoever. And I'd make him skipper.
  • Options
    I've been calling for Kish all season for just that reason.

He is one of the few that cares.
  • Options
    go 4-5-1 asap, Kish, Faye and Reid in the middle.

Come January, it goes Walton Faye and Reid.

Dogs of war stuff from now on
  • Options
    as much as kish cares , he's still a non goalscoring , sideways/backwards crab of a shit midfielder
  • Options
    Agree on Kish, Len and WSS. He was injured playing for Bulgaria so don't know if he'll be fit but I'd like to see Kish and Faye in a 4-5-1. WIth D bent, reid, JT and Romm there are another "skill" players so you need someone to do the chasing and ball winning.

Funny that many have referred to the older players with less skills but plenty of bottle such as Steve Brown but when Kish is mentioned its "he's not good enough"
  • Options
    as for walton , every time i've seen him on sky he get's booked and he looks slow, i mean he's definitely not the answer but we live in hope!
  • Options
    can you be more negative?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    realistic peakey realistic.... i mean look at all the optimism going into the reading fixture , how misplaced could it be
  • Options
    Thought Walton looked good yesterday, committed, played the simple ball when needed, he's been scoring well for Ipswich, and most importantly, doesn't mind getting hurt for the cause
  • Options
    that's his level tho....mid table championship... think most of his goals have ben penalties...we've already got kish to do the simple things
  • Options
    And how do you know he can't step it up for the Premiership?
  • Options
    in the same way you think he can.......... IMO i think he wont be good enough on what i've seen and leeds didn't think he was that great last year...i'd luv him to be half decent but to me he looks like a £1m wasted...hopefully i'll be proved wrong
  • Options
    None of us know if he'll be able to step up but he's coming back in January when he'll be part of the first team squad. Because of his strength it was thought better to get him out and playing competative football where he would learn more. Perhaps that is what he has done.

The situation with Leeds and their debts mean that you can't read too much into them selling him

And it was £500,000 that, IMHO, we would be able to either get back from a Championship side given his performances this year. Or, God forbid, we know he be able to do it for us next year if we go down
  • Options
    I think a Midfield with Faye, Walton & Kish would at least mean a few tackles going in, something we saw naff all of on Saturday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]as for walton , every time i've seen him on sky he get's booked and he looks slow, i mean he's definitely not the answer but we live in hope!

Ive seen him live mate and hes much better than you give him credit for. Strong and brave, plays the "simple" ball and has something about him.
  • Options
    Lloyd Sam in for Romm - has got to be.
    Am fed up with people banging on about Romm being a "matchwinner". ONe game, one bleedin game - that;'s all he's had for us.
    At least give Sam a chance. At least he would be hungry for it.