Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the madge stadium - at least that's killed off the case

for any idiot that still thinks moving to a purpose built stadium is the way forward...what a fck up of a ground...nice view from your seat (if you're not a charlton fan) and a bit more leg room but the rest of it is a waste of space...2173 away fans with a gents toilet that could only accomodate about 20 blokes max at a time having a slash, half time queues from the catering outlets that were allowed to snake back to the exits from the seating area thereby blocking fans in...yokels driving the bus to the ground taking 2 mins a passenger to collect the money and issue a ticket...and as for that farce after the game, no fcking signs, stewards that could only point in a general direction for the buses, a massive traffic jam that makes greenwich's roads after a charlton match seem like a race track and massive queues for the buses back to the station...thank fck it wasn't raining as well...no wonder half their fans left 10 mins before the end (how the fck can they sing 'we can see you sneaking out' to a few charlton fans when their own fans had left en masse ?...

Comments

• Options
    Those buses back to the station were a joke.

I got back to the station at 6.15 thinking that if i waited in the ground for a bit the crowds would clear. The queues were crazy and no segregation for home/away fans either which i thought was a bit strange.
  • Options
    £10 to park as well!Came off M4 what a joke the traffic was!the only consolation was leaving 5 mins early and getting out of the dump in good time!
  • Options
    Although its nice to have a bit of legroom it seemed to me that The Madjeski was as big as all the other soulless grounds (Boro, Southamption etc) yet had 6/7000 fewer seats.

Think they might have over compensated with the legroom.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]
    I got back to the station at 6.15.

I was back in Sidcup by then. Left after 85, and had had a right touch, parking in front of someone's house on a road that led straight on to the M4. Only decent thing about the whole day
  • Options
    I parked on a verge that was less than a couple of minutes drive to the M4. I was in my local pub in Plumstead by 6:30pm. Well at least something came good on the day.
  • Options
    I left after 91 minutes and I was home by 5:30!! And the walk back to the car took 10 minutes. Living in Woking does have some advantages for a game at Reading.