Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What's your never forget memorable tv clip.

edited July 2008 in Not Sports Related
Anything you fancy, mine would be The Sex Pistols with Bill Grundy.

Comments

• Mine has to be Fools and Horses, where Del Boy, drinking his usual cocktail and just having eyed up a couple of ladies goes to lean on the bar and falls straight through it. Absolute classic comedy and I still laugh everytime I see it!
  • Man landing on the moon must be 100 places above that surley.
    A few of matches on Sky Sports would also be on my list.
    Sex Pistols wouldnt make it in mine but I was never a great fan of theirs.
  • Hmmm the second twin tower collapsing was memorable, as unfortuately were the London bombings.

However as a young boy seeing George Best smashed on Wogan somehow stuck with me
  • Tommy Cooper
  • [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]Mine has to be Fools and Horses, where Del Boy, drinking his usual cocktail and just having eyed up a couple of ladies goes to lean on the bar and falls straight through it. Absolute classic comedy and I still laugh everytime I see it!

With you there Al, comedy of the highest order. The scene had been warmed up nicely by Del telling Trig the women here are impressed if you talk about money and he goes 'i saw one of those old five pound notes the other day'. I'm chuckling again now !
  • World Student Games 1991. Helen Sharman (Britain's first astronaut) with the torch.
  • News:
    Twin towers
    Battle for Orgreave
    I've counted them all out
    Thatcher's Tears on defeat
    Death of John Lennon
    Princess Di's Funeral

Sports:
    George Best's goal v F.Lauderdale
    Archie Gemmel v Holland
    Gazza injuring himself v N.Forrest
    Gazza scoring against the Sweaties
    Di Canio v Alcock
    Keegan falling off his bike
    Nadia Comaneci on asymetric bars
    Kerry Strug's one legged vault
    Tyson v Bruno
    Manchester Utd v Tottenham Hotspur in KES
    Watching Grange Hill and seeing a picture of Killer on the classroom wall

Comedy Moments:
    Del Boy falling through bar (OFAH)
    The chandalier (OFAH)
    "Mum was a big fan", "Who of, Charton Heston?" (OFAH)
    "Sorry mate, that one's a shit fly" (The Fast Show)
    "Why did you marry the millionaire Paul Daniels?" (Mrs Merton)
    "You shitty cows" (Green Wing)
    Beloved Aunt (Curb Your Enthusiasm)
    "I read a book once - Green it was" (Porridge)
    "That's you that is" (History Today)
    "I can do a great impression of Len" (The Smoking Room)
    "You might want to rinse that before you clean your teeth" (Peep Show)

Other:
    The dog that said, "sausages"
    The pooping elephant
    Emu savaging Russell Harty
    The Redskins on The Tube
    Michael Jackson's Thriller video
    Clarkson puking in an F16
    Clarkson's brilliant documentary on the VC
    The Monacled Mutineer
    Kunte Kinte having his foot chopped off
    Carter doing Anytime Anyplace Anywhere
    Staurt Hall doing It's A Knoockout
    "Matt Bianco, you bunch of w@nkers"

Err,l perhaps I should get out more.
  • edited July 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]World Student Games 1991. Helen Sharman (Britain's first astronaut) with the torch.

Talking of Astronauts, the space shuttle Challenger exploding was memorable to say the least. Also the Concorde crash in Paris. And although I've only seen repeats, The Hindenburg.
  • Going Live - mid eighties. Cocky young fella by the name of Eliot Fletcher rings up and, live on air mind, in front of 8 million kids, proceeds to ask Five Star a timeless question that myself and probably every single one of my peers at the time had wanted answered...
  • edited July 2008
    Brilliant. I love the response, "Thanks very much Elliot, Bye". Also, did you notice this in the Related Videos section: "Faye Gets Told To Suck D*ck On Live TV", what's all that about?

Wish I'd seen this:
  • Sponsored links:

• spot on stig......most of my favs in there too !! - esp The Monacled Munitear & keegam on superstars. To that list I would have to add:

sport

redgrave & pinsent olympics
    beefy v aussies in 1981
    again in 1985 (esp his first ball 6)

news

iranian embasey seige in 1981
  • Sport: Eric Cantona diving into the crowd
    Sport: Geoff Hurst smashing in the fourth goal
    Sport: Botham @ Headingley
    News:Twin Towers
    Comedy: Four Candles by The Two Ronnies
    Misfortune: Neil Kinnock falling over on the beach
  • *Twin Towers
    *The Aircraft Carrier Invinsable(sic) leaving Pompey on the way to the Falklands. All the people there and TV playing "im sailing" by Rod Stewart. Moving as hell.
  • [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]Mine has to be Fools and Horses, where Del Boy, drinking his usual cocktail and just having eyed up a couple of ladies goes to lean on the bar and falls straight through it. Absolute classic comedy and I still laugh everytime I see it!

I was just thinking of this one, an absolute classic
  • defo Twin Towers..

Heysel must be a close second...
  • derek redmond being helped down the home straight by his father after pulling up in agony in the semi-final of the olympic 400m
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lUq-6E_o1w
  • [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]defo Twin Towers..

Heysel must be a close second...

Had to try and explain the twin towers to my eldest daughter who was eight at the time- will stay with me forever- probably my biggest TV moment.

Like lots of people- on a happier note "play it cool trig" never fails as did the breakfast scene in one of the Morecambe and wise xmas shows......
  • edited July 2008
    Cantona smacking that Palace Fan
    Maggie resigning
    Prescott's left jab.
    Partridge flattened with a cow on a canal boat, by some local farmers he peeved off on Radio Norwich. Get the cow of the boat.
  • Hillsborough - I remember going round to deliver my sister's wedding present to her and flicking the TV channel on and watching the aftermath.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2008
    Tommy Cooper live at the Palladium
  • The drink diving advert with the in the summertime song.
  • I think the Bradford fire disaster has to be up there too.
  • One of the weather forecasters (Bill Giles?) once pointing to a map of the UK where the letters "og" were placed over some part of the island and explaining that it meant "Fog" but unfortunately there was no f in fog.
  • live aid
    berlin wall coming down
    guy standing up to the tank in tiannamen square
    oj simpson car chase