Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the kit

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
looks much better with red shorts.

that is all

Comments

• Options
    Thought it looked ok in reality, much better than the photos's
  • Options
    agreed

was pleasantly surprised
  • Options
    as Talal said, the red shorts finished it off nicely
  • Options
    I have just seen some pics of the home shirt "in action" and I thought it looked quite good......
  • Options
    taking my son to his first ever game on Saturday.He will be three on Wednesday and due to the fact he is charlton mad I thought now would be the time to introduce him to the family temple where both of his great grandads,his grandad and dad have gone every other Saturday to watch the gods in red. I thought it would also give us the oppertunity to go to the club shop and purchase the new home kit plus any other bits but my concern is that they don't make the box set kits or a shirt for three can anyone confirm this
  • Options
    my concern is that they don't make the box set kits or a shirt for three can anyone confirm this

Why don't you call the club shop and ask them directly?
  • Options
    err because its 8.30 and I was just asking the question if anyone knew
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]err because its 8.30 and I was just asking the question if anyone knew

In which case the OS is open all hours and has the information you need.
  • Options
    They did a mini/toddlers kit in the past mate
  • Options
    Black forest the information on the site is not conclusive to the information I need. However the club have said that they will bringing out box sets but will be more expensive and will be out a later
    date and not available to sell on the launch date.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i bought my 2.5 year old son last seasons box set kit a few weeks ago, for £10 or £15 i think it was. It's a bit too big for him so if you fancy a stop gap kit for a while get him that i'm sure you'll need a different size by the time the new ones available!!
  • Options
    cheers for offer ohhah but my son has the both the home and black away kit.I just cannot understand how a professional club can be so unorganized
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]cheers for offer ohhah but my son has the both the home and black away kit.I just cannot understand how a professional club can be so unorganized
    Is there anything you DO like about our club?!
  • Options
    I take it WSS u don't believe in construcive criticism or opinions everyone is entitled to an opinion in one breath the club are stating they need more funds then when the oppertunities arise to generate them extra funds they don't have the merchandise do u call that good business sense?
  • Options
    Calling the club unprofessional is not constructive criticism.

The box set kits are actually cheaper than if you buy the kit seperately (buying in a box makes the socks almost free) thus preventing the club from receiving extra funds. not bad business sense if you think about it.

I think the box sets always comes out later in the year towards xmas when they make good presents, i could be wrong though. The priority was the home shirt for adults and kids, the emphasis on that ready for the first home game of the season, that target has been hit, and the rest will roll out over the next few weeks.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited July 2008
    No mate, i believe in it but you yourself have said that the merchandise will be available, just at a later date. Just because its not available when you want/need it does not make CAFC "so unorganised".

They may even be waiting to see if more people like yourself express a significant interest in purchasing these kits. They probably know that there will be reasonable demand for adult and kids shirts but are unsure of mini kits. There is no point in wasting money and getting the kits made if they are just going to sit in the club shop all season is there?

To be honest, i wasnt having a dig just getting slightly fed up with the constant bitching about the club and how they seem to be doing nothing for the fans or they're not having the clubs best interests at heart or they are not splashing money left right and centre to try and get us back up.

Charlton has never done that, and hopefully they never will - we are one of the best run clubs in the country and if people don't think we as fans are badly treated then i think they are deluded.

Rant over.
  • Options
    I never called the club unprofessional I stated that were not organized.

Secondly I was informed that the box sets were more expensive by a member of club shop

Thirdly why would you want to buy a football kit for a child to wear in the winter surely they are going to get use out of it in the summer

Finally more adults are more prone to buy a kit for their children rather than themselves, me personally I would buy leisure wear ie a polo shirt or track suit top rather than a shirt
  • Options
    I have heard the new red shirt looks nice when worn with a ladies blue visor. :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]cheers for offer ohhah but my son has the both the home and black away kit.I just cannot understand how a professional club can be so unorganized
    Is there anything you DO like about our club?!

LOL is that ironic or sarcastic there WSS ; - )
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]

To be honest, i wasnt having a dig just getting slightly fed up with the constant bitching about the club and how they seem to be doing nothing for the fans or they're not having the clubs best interests at heart or they are not splashing money left right and centre to try and get us back up.

Charlton has never done that, and hopefully they never will - we are one of the best run clubs in the country and if people don't think we as fans are badly treated then i think they are deluded.

Rant over.

Now that is funny