Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swansea Tickets

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
Jack fan in peace, just to let you know we have sold 3165 tickets in total to date for the opening game. Hows your sales coming along and are you expecting a sell out?

Comments

• Options
    No ur Swansea.
  • Options
    No, it wont sell out. Capacity is around 27k. Expect about 22k for this one, maybe 23k
  • Options
    as Tel says i think- maybe a few more if the weather is good..

How do you see your season going ?
  • Options
    Thats not a bad figure, can't wait! Hopefully it will be a great atmopshere!

John Toshack has come out recently saying that we will struggle. Maybe in some aspects we could but perhaps with a couple of "big wins" against better opposition we could get a good momentum going and hopefully get to 10th at least. Many people say we can be in the playoffs but Ill be happy with 1) not getting relegated 2) beating Cardiff (for obvious reasons) 3) securing a good platform for forthcoming years.

Our squad look decent enough and hopefully the depth of 2 players per position will work out.

I personally wouldn't want to go up this year as we may get battered in the Premiership but could secure our financial future for a couple of years (but we are securely in the black bank figures wise).

How do you see your season unfolding?
  • Options
    take a little look around this forum- most of us are die hard, eat, sleep, dream addicks but, after a good run in the premiership and not bouncing back most fans are quite flat and with very little expectation.

Personally i feel that we need the new squad to gel quickly- get a few reasonable results (and performances) and then build on that- this will certainly get the fans back on board after the rubbish we had to put up with for most of last season..

Any particular players we should be looking out for in your side?
  • Options
    I think we will have a slow start myself, a lot of promising younger players coming through, but we do lack a little bit of leadership. Id say top eight by the time the fat lady sings. I have a feeling you guys might do a Bristol City and surprise a few.
  • Options
    That must be quite hard to get over. I guess when you been up there for such a long time people get used to seeing Man Utd and Liverpool week in week out so no wonder people are getting a bit bewildered at your short comings. But it will take time, as long as you have a decent enough manager I can see you back there within the next 2 years tops.

For our two games against each other, I would look out for Gorka Pintado and Jason Scotland up front as Jase being top goalscorer last season and admitted last week he was never fit and could only shoot with his left (he is right footed too) so God knows how many more goals he can score. Gorka is something special I feel, seen him in a couple of friendlies and he has a knack of pressurising defenders into mistakes.

Midfield wise it would consist of Pratley and Bodde. Pratley formerly of Fulham Reserves controls play and loves having the ball and never stops running! Bodde is sheer class, his vision of picking out people is second to none but does have a competitive streak which I think is perfect for the Championship.

Anyone on yours I should look out for and close my eyes when they get the ball?
  • Options
    I wouldnt close your eyes at all, you'll probably end up getting hit in the head by one of our players' shots
  • Options
    Hahaa did like that one!
  • Options
    Look out for our younger lads....Shelvey and Wright, both midfielders of the future. Thomas on his day should take any CC side to the cleaners, but seldom if ever does. Varney is the current tip for having a good season. Youga at left back is really looking up for it as does Hudson at CB. Personally I think if Racon gets a run in the side, he could be that vital midfield link we seem to be missing. We have a lot of quality in our squad, but we havent yet found a team.
    :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]We have a lot of quality in our squad, but we havent yet found a team.
    :-)

You hit the nail on the head there, Tel
  • Options
    Exactly Tel & Oggy. Turning potential into a team is the trick. And that's the job of the manager.

Someone else on here was saying we lack cohesion. If they play together we have a chance, but there hasn't been much of that going on in the last couple of years.
  • Options
    The team might have to pick itself this season, Vincenzo .......

(with a few loans from Forest Green Rovers, of course, lol)