Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Weaver's foot injury: A, B or C

Which do you reckon:

A - He twisted it and on a hard pitch in that heat didn't fancy risking it. Will be between the sticks come the Swansea match.

B - Couple of broken metatarsals or similarly serious, out till Christmas, so we need to sell Varney or ano in order to afford an experienced goalie.

C - There's a good offer on the table for him so on a hard pitch in that heat neither he nor Charlton wanted to risk it. Last we'll see of him in our shirt.

I'm hoping it's A, but then again, I'm not Oggy the Optimist...

Comments

• Options
    I reckon closer to B. Will be out a month to six weeks. Randolph will be recalled and he and Elliott will battle it out for the jersey. I hope Elliott gets it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I reckon closer to B. Will be out a month to six weeks. Randolph will be recalled and he and Elliott will battle it out for the jersey. I hope Elliott gets it.

Why Elliot? I have no preference but it seems strange how so many people were crying fro randolph after one good performance (probably adrenalin fuelled) and then after one poor performance no one rates him. Elliot has had one good performance.
  • Options
    A
  • Options
    Think Im going with B and Large on this....it did look painful. A few of the lads came off limping...surprised me they watered the pitch at half time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I reckon closer to B. Will be out a month to six weeks. Randolph will be recalled and he and Elliott will battle it out for the jersey. I hope Elliott gets it.

Why Elliot? I have no preference but it seems strange how so many people were crying fro randolph after one good performance (probably adrenalin fuelled) and then after one poor performance no one rates him. Elliot has had one good performance.

Elliot is a Charlton fan and comes from a Charlton supporting family apparently.
  • Options
    A
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]

Elliot is a Charlton fan and comes from a Charlton supporting family apparently.

So do I, but you wouldn't want me in goal.

The OS says:

"The shot-stopper was injured in the warm-up at the Withdean Stadium after tweaking his knee when his studs got caught in the pitch.

Weaver will now undergo a scan on the problem in order for the club to assess the extent of the damage."

The worst case scenario is that he's injured his knee ligaments in some manner - which could mean anything from a sprain to a tear, the best case he's twisted his knee and after a week or so and with some strapping he'll be ok.
  • Options
    I don't think it will be too bad.

As for the pitch watering, i did notice they only watered at half time the end of the pitch Brighton were meant to be attacking.
  • Options
    Didn't he do his knee in a few times when he was at City?
  • Options
    As with all charlton injuries, i'm going for D......

out all this season - fit for next but then breaks his hand falling off a ladder in june 2009 and out until the start of 2010 - then out of contract and leaves on a free.

meanwhile we recall Randolph and elliott gets the hump - he leaves and we are left with Randolph & Christie for this season, whereby we let in a record amount of goals for the Championship & get relegated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    .....and one supporter goes home happy, eh Golfie?

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]As with all charlton injuries, i'm going for D......

out all this season - fit for next but then breaks his hand falling off a ladder in june 2009 and out until the start of 2010 - then out of contract and leaves on a free.

meanwhile we recall Randolph and elliott gets the hump - he leaves and we are left with Randolph & Christie for this season, whereby we let in a record amount of goals for the Championship & get relegated.

Loving the optimism :-) absolutely nothing wrong with Randolph IMO - we are VERY lucky to have two decent young keepers in Randolph and Elliot. I liked the look of Christie at Brighton too, still much to learn for him though.
  • Options
    and a few inches to grow!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]and a few inches to grow!

:-) He looked about 12 didn't he!
  • Options
    I think he'll be out for weeks not months. I doubt he'll make the Swansea game. However I wonder if despite the injury it's C...:-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite].....and one supporter goes home happy, eh Golfie?

;o)

funny thing is that he drove me to Brighton and back and was quite philosophical about the whole situation. I'm beginning to think he likes winding you lot up !!
  • Options
    Touche, Large. It works both ways!

I know Golfie's your brother, so you well know the best and worst of him.
    And to us on Charlton Life, he's just Golfie. We'd fall off our chair if he was any different.

PS: Golfie, none of them know you are really my alter ego......(!)

;o).
  • Options
    B - If there's a chance of a Charlton player having a serious injury it will be.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NorthStandUltra[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]and a few inches to grow!

:-) He looked about 12 didn't he!

what 12 inches?? that's small for a keeper;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]

what 12 inches?? that's small for a keeper;-)

he's a replacement for our old Keeper, salmon and he leaps like one