Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are we in the Clatty ?

Bougherra exit expected. One or two to leave also. Not sure about replacements. Now the club is having to sell players. Does anyone think we are not in the clatty. If not promoted this season will we lose even the championship quality we have ? I think it`s pretty serious myself.

Comments

• Options
    na he's talking Faye and bougie and perhaps fortune, anymore than that would be silly business
  • Options
    So long as the club is left in a stable condition, then so be it. Peoples expectations are too high...we arent a Premier league club anymore. At least we will see players coming through who will have an affinity with the fans......and surely thats the better longer term target.
  • Options
    Yeah great, an affinity with the fans as we slide towards Division 1.
  • Options
    Trouble is with Bougy going it only leaves Hudson & Fortune at the back, not even any of the kids are CB's from memory, so it means we will need to find at least another 2 players, not to mention that we only have MooToo at RB and need cover there, before talking about centre mid. We have the nucleus of a good side at the moment but will lose that if we lose one of our main CB's.
  • Options
    Hull and Stoke had a bit of luck and a good nucleus last year
  • Options
    No we aren't.

We have to get costs under control by reducing our debt to a level which is affordable within our reduced revenue circumstances. £20M was needed, £15M was put in by directors and £5M max is needed. The club is in good shape, we have a great coaching set up, a good crop of youngsters and a manager who does have a half decent record. Let us not fall into the trap of thinking that we just have to sign a player or two and this will be OK. We may need a centre back of Fortune goes. I'm sure we'll have one lined up. If not Youga can play there, so can Semedo, so I suspect can Basey.

Chill out guys.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Hull and Stoke had a bit of luck and a good nucleus last year

Unfortunately I think the division is much stronger this year, but we aren't. Still looking forward to it, but reality has well and truly bitten in terms of expectations now!
  • Options
    well another nothing season and we can lower our expectations even more and then be more realistic about where we expect to be and so on and so forth
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Yeah great, an affinity with the fans as we slide towards Division 1.

Rather be in the conference than the club not exist at all.
  • Options
    I balme the fan's Director....insisting the club buy him all those cardigans, a luxury we couldn't afford.............;-)