Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Monday -ish ?

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
Ok its Monday after a good weekend , the suns out and we are at work, but jesus reading that Pards thing is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo diss heartening.

Didnt think we would have big money to spend. maybe about £1-2 million, even with geting dosh for useless Bent. But to have f**k all and still needing to sell (anyone or everyone) that just well ----------------sad. Then going public and telling the World we still have to sell means they canoffer us sh*t money and we may take it. I mean they aint gona go top ddollar are they.

seems an aweful long time ago we beat Chelsea 4 v 2 and was "going on a European tour".

Some of the yoof get a chance, some may shine but us well mid table and Pards leaves on 18th November.

Comments

• Options
    You are quite right GH. I will be very surprised if Pards is still our manager come the end of the season. He's not going to put up with running a club on a tight budget & having to sell our better players. He's probably only stayed this long because he feels responsible for last season's let down. As soon as some lowly Premiership team like Hull or Stoke comes in for him, he'll be off.
  • Options
    Why would anyone come in for Pardew after last season?
  • Options
    Think its more of an insurance issue with the free season ticket deal myself. Think the board want to stick a few quid away to balance the books if it goes pear shaped!!
  • Options
    The Board are doing their housekeeping, sorting out the bank - and making sure that at the very least, we don't take the same road that ex-Prem clubs like Leeds, Leicester and many others have taken.

That's the reality. But at least the Prem prima-donnas will have gone.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Why would anyone come in for Pardew after last season?

But then who would have thought that two clubs would come in for Dowie after he left - and one of those is the richest club in the world - allegedly
  • Options
    well let's see how dowie gets on in a whole season with possibly his own backroom team ... i think he'll finish above 10th!!
  • Options
    if he finished 10th,would that be viewed as success or failure?