Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Arsenal - Putting Our Pre-Season Efforts Into Perspective

edited July 2008 in General Charlton
Just beat some Austrian outfit 10-2. Puts our 1-0 thrashing of Dover into perspective...:-)

Comments

• Options
    Its nice that they have decided to ditch their traditional shirts and try ansd look more like charlton
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Dover wasn't the full first team,and whats the bloody point of playing teams that you are going to hammer 10-0.You need the players sharp and ready for the season not thinking they can just turn up to win.I think it was more of a p a exercise than a football match
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Just beat some Austrian outfit 10-2. Puts our 1-0 thrashing of Dover into perspective...:-)

I think it was an Austrian regional select XI or something like that,so it was a bit like playing a Kent XI
  • Options
    I wondered if our pre-season was a bit light without any real tests and then I saw Spurs hammer Norwich 5-1 last night and thought was good what that really do anyone?
    If we played a Prem team and got thrashed it's not really going to put much confidence into the players is it?
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I think a lack of goals in our pre-season is still a cause for concern, if only a slight one.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    relax - pre-season results count for (swansea) jack
  • Options
    I think we are going about our business nice and quietly and will surprise a lot of people.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]Dover wasn't the full first team,and whats the bloody point of playing teams that you are going to hammer 10-0.You need the players sharp and ready for the season not thinking they can just turn up to win.I think it was more of a p a exercise than a football match

Arsenal haven't been back in training that long so it was never going to be tough. According to a Gooner in my office their remaining pre-season friendlies are against Stuttgart, Juventus, Real Madrid, Ajax and Sevilla so i think they'll be getting their proper tests in those games!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nug[/cite]I think we are going about our business nice and quietly and will surprise a lot of people.
    you are probably right :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]Dover wasn't the full first team,and whats the bloody point of playing teams that you are going to hammer 10-0.You need the players sharp and ready for the season not thinking they can just turn up to win.I think it was more of a p a exercise than a football match

My tongue in cheek comment was obviously not signposted enough....:-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did we not beat Braintree 9-0?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]

My tongue in cheek comment was obviously not signposted enough....:-)

It was.. I'm just thick :)