Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If the worst did happen

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
lets not despair too much.

Only 2 games in the Championship at the weekend saw crowds of under 17k.

We also have a very saleable asset. Life does go on.

Comments

• Options
    we'd be getting 16k most weeks i think.

Depends what the club does regarding season tickets etc.

I have a funny feeling that prices may freeze or go up (like West Ham) because of the offset of losing £35m in television money
  • Options
    What was our average attendance the last time we went down? I know most games were sold out at that 20,043....

I think the return of Saturday 3pm games would boost our attendances significantly.
  • Options
    well the Telegraph seems to think it would be the end of our club.

dont forget its worth 25 million in TV money this season if we stay
    up.
    doomed
  • Options
    Then we were top of the league and thanks to Sky virtually ignoring Charlton before the new year in favour of showing northern based teams in order to boost Sky subscriptions the fans had no excuses to not turn up. it didn't hurt either that we played some great football and other than Mills kept the previous year's EPL team together. Will that be the case this time? Charlton will have the parachute payments but is the squad as good now as it was then?
  • Options
    The current team has far more internationals than the previous one did.... Is that a measure of a better team?
  • Options
    Not unless they play like internationals...and start doing so soon.
  • Options
    On paper the squad is as good if not better, howver in the squad that went down we had the likes of Kinsella, Robinson, Brown and Rufus, REAL Charlton players that would fight for the cause.

While we have the ability, do we have the fight? I'm not so sure...
  • Options
    but its not too late for players to turn it around.

Robbo was not a popular player at all until the year he was moved to the left and had Bowen behind him, years after he joined. Then he started to shine and fans warmed to his work ethic.

Robbo could be a fantastic example to the current crop, if they really want to turn it around.