Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kins, Kins Kinsella...

Reading AFKA's latest blog one thing is clear, we are missing an on the pitch leader. Someone who who works his butt off, wins more than his share of 50-50 balls and makes life as hard as possible for opponents. Someone who is proud to wear the badge.

Kinsella is just about finished as a player and is currently assistant manager at Wallsall. We have a coaching position available as a result of the club shifting Robson & Reed up a rung. No disrespect to the Saddlers but Charlton are a team with much greater potential, even with relegation and we need someone on the coaching team who knows the club, and whom the players will respect because he's been there and done it.

I say get Kins in to fill that third coaching position.

Comments

• Options
    did you see my reply BFR ?
  • Options
    AFKA: its very hard because people see the effort shown by a player on the pitch, and naturally expect it to be replicated when they move into coaching.

History shows that most of the more talented players fail when they move into management, so you shouldn’t automatically expect that. We have no idea just how effective a coach Kinny could be.

But a coach that showed his desire on the pitch is certainly what is needed. We currently have two technical nice guys, the third needs to be a bit tougher.

No, but I think it's worth c&ping here (with your permission)...

I think Kinsella could provide that extra spark, giving the players a rollocking at half-time will carry more weight from someone like Kinsella than either Reed or Robbo. I made the point in the wake of Dowie's sacking that we need a fighter to extricate ourselves from this mess. Nice guys that they are I'm not sure that Reed & Robson have the right personalities to succeed in the short-term, mid/long term maybe, but that could be too late. When your house is on fire you call a fireman.
  • Options
    It's amazing how people's opinions are so different.

Some want Powell as the 3rd coach, some want Kinsella. Legends, but two totally different people, one's mister nice guy who doesnt look like he'd say boo to a goose, the other is apparently the loud, shouting type....

Personally, I'd like to see Robbo back at the club. A gob as wide as the Severn and as passionate a player that I've ever seen...