Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ketman v South Africa

Comments

• Options
    I was nearly right, he edged it to first slip
  • Options
    Going to be a repeat of the last one at this rate...
  • Options
    well at least the missus will be able to watch the Hollyoaks catch up thing in peace on Sunday morning
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]Foster is by a country mile the best keeper in England

Apart from Chris Read...

I couldn't believe that Collingwood was recalled, he is in no form with the bat, he better score some runs in the second innings and/or take some wickets otherwise that's it for him, so no pressure on him.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Fat Bob used to go to Colfe's, that's why he is fat

Wally wood shouldn't be in the side

Thank god I got tickets for the first day at the oval next week
  • Options
    The cricket team is like the England footie team got under McLaren, a few too many sacred cows who deliver sod all. I loved the way they all held that new bowler responsible for losing the last test, mainly because they hadn't been pals with him for 20 years, when the truth was we batted like numpties for two innings. Bring back Knotty and "Plates" Underwood I say.
  • Options
    Vaughan is good captain, just not good enough at the moment maybe if he dropped down the order to 4 or 5 might make a difference. the trouble we have is the selectors, what other sport do you have 5 or 6 people who select a team then tell Vaughan "there u go thats your team" could imagine doing that in football!!! cricket needs an overhaul the squad should be picked by the cpatain and the coach END OFF!!! this whole chairman of selectors is bull. if they continue to do this what is the point in Moores? i know he and vaughan have a say but the final descision comes down to the ecb, and we end up with the last test and this one going tits up over selections. the way cricket is going test matches are an endagerd speices, i love them and they should be saved from extinsion from Stanford and such. dont think vaughny will step down till after the next ashes series then it clears the way for either Flintoff/ collingwood or strauss to take over the captains armband, do not give it to Pieterson!! one day captain yes as he is more attack minded than collingwood but test no.
  • Options
    Stop posting up meaninless rantings & post the latest score far more interesting !
  • Options
    176 for 6. Tea. there you go.
  • Options
    Don't panic lads we've got the Ashes next summer...............oh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Big William[/cite]The cricket team is like the England footie team got under McLaren, a few too many sacred cows who deliver sod all. I loved the way they all held that new bowler responsible for losing the last test, mainly because they hadn't been pals with him for 20 years, when the truth was we batted like numpties for two innings. Bring back Knotty and "Plates" Underwood I say.

Always thought of buying a pub somewhere in deepest Kent and calling it..."Caught Knott bowled Underwood."
    Great name for a Kentish pub if you ask me.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Stop posting up meaninless rantings & post the latest score far more interesting ![/quote]

215-8...bring back Boycott as well.."It's 'it 'im on 'ed, serves him bloody right, took 'is eye off t'ball"...
  • Options
    all out for 231 last two wickets run outs ffs schoolboy stuff
  • Options
    My team would be

Cook
    Strauss
    Pietersen
    Bell
    Bopara
    Flintoff
    Broad
    Prior
    Anderson
    Sidebottom
    Panesar

Solid batting down to 8, and 9 and 10 can hold up one end, and 3 genuine all rounders in the middle.

Give KP the captaincy and say thanks and goodbye to Vaughan and Collingwood.

I believe if we stick with that side for a year it will come good in time for the Ashes.
  • Options
    I take it Rain stopped play as no-one has posted the latest score up :-)
  • Options
    75-1 you melt
  • Options
    SA are 75 for 1.
  • Options
    WOW the staggering amount of posts on this thread must mean England are pulling up a Few trees in the 3rd Test :-)
  • Options
    actually turning into a real thriller

Flintoff bowling at Kallis last night was raw, brutal and brilliant

if we can set them 200 to win it will be 2005 at Edgebaston all over again...
  • Options
    I think we'll need more than a 200 run lead, the pitch looks reasonably good for batting on.

Hopefully Collingwood and KP can get their heads down, still two full days left.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    have to say even Kallis didnt fancy it did he ? the 2 balls after the blind umpire not giving Kallis out were fast and had real venom. When he bowled him i swear i herd kallis say "thank f**k for that !"
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Good to see Collingwood forming a good partnership with Pietersen!
  • Options
    Freddies changed a lot since his injury then!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: FOD[/cite]Good to see Collingwood forming a good partnership with Flintoff.

He's also batting pretty well with Pietersen.
  • Options
    And Colly is going to have to bat well with Flintoff, great innings from KP, but a dumb way to get out.

Only 136 ahead...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]And Colly is going to have to bat well with Flintoff, great innings from KP, but a dumb way to get out.

Only 136 ahead...

Colly has shown big balls with everyone clamouring for his head.

I hope I haven't talked him out! :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]And Colly is going to have to bat well with Flintoff.
    Maybe not!
  • Options
    FFS - can we make a rule - as soon as England start to look like they might get into a winning position in a test - EVERYBODY SHUTS THE **** UP ABOUT IT. Well-known fact, anyone who's played cricket at any level knows you don't jinx things by saying anything about 'doing well' at ANY point in a game! :o)
  • Options
    Yeah, sorry about that!
  • Options
    297/6 at the close, England lead by 214.

An innings of immense character from Collingwood, not only did he personally need the runs so did his team.